ADD Text dissapears once I click away HELP?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

throwawayaccount88
User

ADD Text dissapears once I click away HELP?

Post by throwawayaccount88 »

I just got a new laptop and when I received my PDF-Xchange software everything is the same, except if I just add texct to a PDF it vanishes as soon as I click away.

I made sure it is in black color of the font, I tried selecting and highlighting it and nothing. I found the box is there but cannot get it to be visable.

Anyone have any idea what this is?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: ADD Text dissapears once I click away HELP?

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, throwawayaccount88

most likely, at some point in the past, someone has pasted an image onto the page. Pasting images in PDF often results in the image being added as a "comment" which will always appear overtop of base content (but cannot be selected with regular base content tools). This in effect allows you to place, select, and edit the new "base content text" you are adding, while it is permanently stuck behind a different "comment" object.

If you activate the "select comments" tool, and click in that general area, you will likely find something gets selected. You can either delete that object to remove it entirely, or you can right click and choose to "flatten" the object into base content. Then change back to the "edit" tool, select the new base content items on the page and use the arrange tools (on the arrange tab) to move it "to the back" so other items appear above it.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com