Updating endpoints - Can't get it to work

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

IT Guy
User

Updating endpoints - Can't get it to work

Post by IT Guy »

Hi Team,

I'm trying to update our fleet but can't seem to get an unattended method to work.

Currently I deploy PDFX via a super-simple: "PDFXVE9.exe /quiet /norestart" and apply the license via XCVault.exe. From the reading I've done updating should be as easy as running a newer exe correct? I've had a play around with running the MSI and using the /update argument but no jot either.

I'm going from version 9.0.xxx to 9.3.xxx

Please advise, am I missing some documentation?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Updating endpoints - Can't get it to work

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, IT Guy

In some cases, the files will be updated, but the about pane in applications, such as the printer, will not reflect the update until after a restart occurs. Although I see you are using the /norestart switch, there will be times when a restart is required to complete the update process, so if anything is out of place, I would recommend restarting the PC before you procced with further troubleshooting.

Can you please run this command as normal (ensure that none of our software is running during the update process), and then if any issue are encountered, restart the PC, to confirm if the changes are properly made after that?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com