PNG based Stamps no longer transparent in PDF XChange v9

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Choate USA Support
User

Post by Choate USA Support »

PNG Files that we've used for Stamps with transparent backgrounds under version 8 of the software no longer appear to be transparent under version 9. Is there a new toggle or hidden switch somewhere we're overlooking?

A sample PNG that exhibits this behavior (works fine under 8 and no longer works the same under 9) is attached. If I re-save as GIF, the same GIF works in both versions BUT GIF's don't appear to support DPI settings so they have massive resizing requirements every time one is used AND we have over 100 of these images that worked under 8 that would need to be converted...something I'd rather not have to do and then redeploy.

These images do work under Protect | Signatures and Initials (but there is an additional checkbox that "allows it?")...but most users are not doing it that way. The extra "Signature" features are not needed and unnecessarily complicate things (in more than one way). Most of the time we print to PDF as Image before sending...Not only are the built-in PDF security features too easy to bypass (my users do it all the time), many customers are expecting wet ink signatures and a low DPI PDF looks like a PDF scan of wet ink to most of them.

Over the years, our company has purchased more than 40 copies of PDF XChange tied to the email account ITSupport-PDFXchange@Nolenmanagement.com. I'm using a different email account for this discussion because I believe region blocking is preventing direct email communication between us (at a minimum, it ate the email confirmation for the forum...it doesn't eat the Share-IT! Emails).
Blue M.png
Blue M.png (1.6 KiB) Viewed 276 times
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: PNG based Stamps no longer transparent in PDF XChange v9

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

HI Choate USA Support,

thanks for the post and sample file. We are aware of the issue and have fixed it for the next build. We tested your sample file in the pre-release and it again works where it does not in the current build.

9.3.362.0 could still be a couple of months away I am afraid.

sincerely
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Choate USA Support
User

Re: PNG based Stamps no longer transparent in PDF XChange v9

Post by Choate USA Support »

Thank you. I can work around it for now since it only affects certain users that are on v9.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com