Comment Sidebar/List  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

BMT216A
User

Comment Sidebar/List

Post by BMT216A »

Dear Tracker-Team.
I have two questions regarding the comment list:
1. If a comment contains more text, you can make it visible by clicking on this little arrow at the left. Text window expands then. Is it possible to expand all comments with a single command instead of clicking in every box? Similar to the function "Show/hide comments" in the options for the sidebar.
2. It is not possible to edit the comment directly into the sidebar? Just directly in the comment box on the page? Or did I miss a setting?
image.png
image.png (4.98 KiB) Viewed 621 times
Thank you!
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Comment Sidebar/List

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello BMT216A,
1. If a comment contains more text, you can make it visible by clicking on this little arrow at the left. Text window expands then. Is it possible to expand all comments with a single command instead of clicking in every box? Similar to the function "Show/hide comments" in the options for the sidebar.

You can assign a shortcut from this menu:

image1.png

image.png

2. It is not possible to edit the comment directly into the sidebar? Just directly in the comment box on the page? Or did I miss a setting?
That is correct, you cannot. I think the meaning behind this is to avoid mistakes.

Regards.
BMT216A
User

Post by BMT216A »

Thanks, but this command just expands all comments, not the text content (which is usually made with this small little arrow).
image.png
image.png (2.1 KiB) Viewed 609 times
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Comment Sidebar/List  SOLVED

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, BMT216A

Yes, unfortunately there is no function yet to expand all comments, only the categories in this pane. For the time being you will need to use the mouse to open these.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
BMT216A
User

Post by BMT216A »

Hi Daniel,
may I come back to this issue... We are a publishing company and our editors are working with their authors in editorial workflows, which means, that they use annotations and comments very intensively. We would really appreciate if you could think about adding this option.
Thank you and best regards!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, BMT216A

It is certainly being considered, we have seen a fair few requests for this function, it simply is not available at this moment. Hopefully, in the future, this will be a function you can take advantage of.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com