Aspect ratio and size of signature box

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

7chr7
User

Post by 7chr7 »

We would like to sign documents using a digital certificate and a facsimile signature. As I see it there are two major ways to achieve this but both have disadvantages for our use case:

1) Use "Sign document": The signature box (blue rectangle) has a fixed aspect ration. This leads to very small sigantures for users having a signature that has an aspect ratio which differs from the default aspect ratio. While you can resize the signature box during placement by holding the left mouse button this leads to different sizes and thus different appearances of the signatures.

2) Use "Signatures" in "Signatures and Initals" to first place the signature (which then has the correct size and aspect ratio) and then electronically sign the document without visible signature. However, this procedures needs more steps than the first method and is more prone to error.

Are there any plans to make the signature box more configurable for the first method? Or is it - alternatively - possible to automatically start the signing process after the signature is placed when using the second method?

Any help or feedback on this topic is very much appreciated.

Best regards,
Chris
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Aspect ratio and size of signature box

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, 7chr7

Unfortunately these two options are quite distinctly separate, and there are not plans to combine them, so that will not be an option. As for offering additional configuration of the "sign document" function, this is difficult, as the Sign document function uses a form field, the content must dynamically resize to fit the desired box, but it can already be customized quite a great deal. This article provides details on how to customize the appearance of your digital signature: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... -signature

With all of that said, the visual aspect of a digital signature is secondary and often unnecessary (for that matter, there is a "certify (invisible)" option for exactly this purpose). The purpose of digitally signing is that it provides a "digital certificate", visible within the "signatures" pane that contains the signers provided information. Even if the visual signature image is small, illegible, or even, non-existent, the data within the signature certificate is present and visible.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
7chr7
User

Post by 7chr7 »

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes, I am aware of the different options for the "sign document" function. However, there are none with respect to the size of the form field in which the signature is placed. For us, the visual aspect to the signature is key. That is why I was asking about automating the steps of first placing a signature and then signing the document electronically. Can this be done via Javascript or any other macro language?

Best regards,
Chris
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello, 7chr7

Unfortunately at the moment it would not be possible to automate either task within the Editor, even using JS. I have spoken with the Dev team, and they are going to look at the possibility of upgrading our JS capabilities so that placement of digital signatures is possible, but for now, it is not supported, and our JS engine will simply present an error message when the attempt is made.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
7chr7
User

Post by 7chr7 »

Hello Daniel,

Thanks for the follow-up. I appreciate your help and look forward to be able to automate the signing process somewhen in the future.

Best regards,
Chris
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)
Tule62
User

Post by Tule62 »

Just to be sure I understand the answer - there is no way that the size of the box where the signature is placed can be changed and adopted to the document's requirements?

Thanks,
Arnan
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello, Tule62

If the document does not have any security in place, including no prior signatures, you would be able to manually resize the empty signature field by using the "Select fields" tool on the form tab, but there is no way to automate it.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
Tule62
User

Post by Tule62 »

Thank you Daniel, this helped.
When I try to type signature, I have only one font available (Pecita). I cannot change the size of the font.
Is this how it works?

Regards,
Tule
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello, Tule62

At the moment yes, we do plan to offer additional fonts for selection in the future however, while the size is dynamic based on the size of the signature field the text is placed inside of.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com