Incorrect Document Creation Date

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

holthelper
User

Incorrect Document Creation Date

Post by holthelper »

For the last month, I noticed when I create/modify a document windows 10 file explorer says the document creation date is 2007. I even updated the program to the latest version 9.3.361.0 and still running into the same issue.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Incorrect Document Creation Date

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

HI holthelper,

I believe this is handled by Windows, not us. You should see the same regardless of whether you use our software or another like notepad:

What time is your PC clock set to? Is it the current date or 2007...

explorer_gQcdXl3Ic4.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
holthelper
User

Post by holthelper »

Im generating a report and I print using the pdf xchanger lite printer driver and that document creation date is correct. Once I open that document in the pdf xchanger editor and make changes then save that document, the new modified documents creation date is 2007.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, holthelper

Thank you for the image, I notice that unlike my documents, your has the online property, is the drive you are saving this file connected to a cloud service, such as google drive, or OneDrive? Perhaps the online server settings that file is synchronized with are incorrect, and that is automatically changing the displayed date. I have 2 tests for you.

1. Please try creating a new document using our Editor directly, instead of trying to modify an existing one that was created another way, is the timestamp still incorrect?
2. Please try creating a new file, and saving it to a different directory, one which is not synced with this cloud service (or one which does not result in the file having a "online" value in the "offline status" or "availability" properties). Again, is the timestamp still incorrect in this case?

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
holthelper
User

Post by holthelper »

The moment you mentioned cloud made me think that the document is actually on a NAS and since we had a power outage about a month ago, the NAS controller must have a bad cmos battery and the time reset to 2007. Never thought that deep about it.

Problem is solved, thank you!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, holthelper

Glad that mention could jog the memory!

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com