Restart Spell Check

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

fletch
User

Restart Spell Check

Post by fletch »

I wish there was a way to restart the spell check without having to close and re-open the document. Just a Restart button right next to the Start button would suffice. Of course that would only appear or be enabled after a spell check had completed.

I often check spelling of documents I did not compose just to get a glance of the results. Once I've ignored items - which I think is the only way to jump to the next one - I have to close and reopen the document if I want to repeat the process.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Restart Spell Check

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, fletch

I will pass this request along to the team for consideration, In the meantime, You can use the "replace" button, without making any changes to the "replace with" field, to skip a word without making changes. This should prevent items from being added to the temporary ignore list, and allow you to cycle through the document without trouble.

RT#6078: FR: Add "restart spellcheck" option to spellcheck pane.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
fletch
User

Post by fletch »

I re-read your post to make sure I understood. When I click the replace button, it DOES make changes to the file since the first item in the suggested replace list is pre-selected. Did I misunderstand you?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello, fletch

You understood correctly, but the "replace" field should typically default to the currently selected word (even if it is incorrect), so while "a change" is being made to the document, (eg. "thsi" is replaced with "thsi") no actual change to the text occurs, and so the spellcheck will still catch the incorrect result on a second pass.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
johnsmith89859
User

Post by johnsmith89859 »

Word automatically checks for potential spelling and grammatical errors as you type. Use your keyboard and a screen reader to go through the errors and fix them. We have tested it with Narrator, JAWS, and NVDA, but it might work with other screen readers as long as they follow common accessibility standards and techniques.

or you can go with third party online Spell checker tool.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Restart Spell Check

:)

Support@pdf-xchange.com