Ribbon Layout isn't maintained when displayed Full Screen Mode in Continuous Mode

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

rakunavi
User

Ribbon Layout isn't maintained when displayed Full Screen Mode in Continuous Mode

Post by rakunavi »

Hello all,

When Page Display is set to Continuous mode (Continuous mode or Two Pages Continuous mode) and "Ribbon Layout" is selected, the "Full Screen Mode" is unintentionally displayed as if it were "Standard Layout". I am not sure if this is a bug or not implemented yet.

I have attached a verification video for your reference.

CapturedVideo.zip
(1.2 MiB) Downloaded 19 times

The first half of the video shows that "Full Screen Mode" is turned on and off in "Standard Layout" and that "Standard Layout" is maintained. The second half of the video shows that the same operation is performed in "Ribbon Layout" and the display unintentionally becomes equivalent to "Standard Layout" in full screen mode.

Hoping that the above information will be of some help to you.
Thank you so much for your continued support.

Best regards,
rakunavi

- PDF-XChange Editor Plus Version:9.3 build 361.0
- OS Version: Windows 10 Home 21H2 Build 19044.1645
- PC Model: Lenovo IdeaPad C340-15IWL / HP ProDesk 600G1
TOP desires for PDFXCE
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=39665 LassoTool
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=38554 CmtGarbled
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=37353 FulScrMultiMon
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=41002 DisableTouchSelect
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Ribbon Layout isn't maintained when displayed Full Screen Mode in Continuous Mode

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi Rakunavi,

I do believe that is the expected behaviour, yes.

I've asked for confirmation from the devs and whether is can be retained and will let you know what they have to say.

cheers
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Ribbon Layout isn't maintained when displayed Full Screen Mode in Continuous Mode

Hi again Rakunavi,

The devs have approved this request, we will make it so... :D

RT#6070: Feature Request :: Editor :: ribbon layout in full screen mode

enjoy
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
rakunavi
User

Post by rakunavi »

Thank you, Paul, for creating the ticket!

Ribbon Layout is a great feature!
I appreciate it because I use a lot of annotations that connect the front and back of the page with lines.
Once I use the feature that is absolutely impossible on real paper, I wouldn't want to use any other PDF reader.

Best regards
rakunavi
TOP desires for PDFXCE
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

:)
Absolutely a pleasure.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
rakunavi
User

Post by rakunavi »

Hello all,

I have found that even the current version (9.3 build 361.0) supports almost Ribbon Layout on full-screen mode, so I will add a report for reference.

If you assign a shortcut key to Ribbon Layout in advance, you can change to Ribbon Layout by operating the shortcut key after switching to full screen mode. It is also possible to switch from Standard Layout to Ribbon Layout by pressing the Ribbon Layout button in full screen mode.

When the buttons for Standard layout and Ribbon layout are placed on the toolbar so that the current layout status could be seen, the status on the toolbar confirmed that the Ribbon Layout is temporarily changed to Standard Layout at the same time as it is changed to full screen.

LayoutIcon.png

Please check the attached video for details.

CapturedVideo.zip
(2.06 MiB) Downloaded 15 times

The reproduction procedure is as follows.
The corresponding timecode in the video is also included.
([MM:SS] "MM" shows minutes, and "SS" shows seconds.)

• [00:00] Initial state is "Two Pages continuous" and Ribbon Layout.
  • [00:02] Change to full screen mode. Make sure the icon on the toolbar automatically switches from Ribbon Layout to Standard layout.
  • [00:06] Deactivate full screen mode. Make sure that the icons on the toolbar switch automatically from Standard layout to Ribbon Layout.
  • [00:09] Change to full screen mode.
  • [00:10] Activate the Ribbon Layout button on the toolbar. Make sure that Ribbon Layout works on full screen mode.
  • [00:14] If you leave full screen mode, you will still be in Ribbon Layout.

When PDF-XChange Editor is changed to full screen mode, two windows actually open, and one of them is displayed in full screen mode. Using this feature, you can make the right monitor full screen while the left monitor displays the normal window by setting the window size across the two monitors and adjusting its position slightly closer to the right monitor. Normally, it is not possible to manipulate the original window's toolbars, etc., in full screen mode, but the verification video was captured in a dual monitor environment side-by-side. The two monitors are captured together. The video is longer in width than usual. Please imagine that the actual boundaries of the monitors are in the center of the video.

As I mentioned above, Ribbon Layout on full screen mode is already functionally supported, so it would be perfect if it would not automatically go to Standard layout when in full screen mode.

Hoping that the above information will be of some help to you.
Thank you so much for your continued support.

Best regards,
rakunavi

- PDF-XChange Editor Plus Version:9.3 build 361.0
- OS Version: Windows 10 Home 21H2 Build 19044.1706
- PC Model: Lenovo IdeaPad C340-15IWL / HP ProDesk 600G1
TOP desires for PDFXCE
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Thanks for this Rakunavi.

I have added the video to the ticket RT#6070: Feature Request :: Editor :: ribbon layout in full screen mode and a link to your post.

:)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke