[suggestion] Extract Images from PDF / Exclude images smaller than: (...) px

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

Currently, while limiting images extracted from documents, the size can only be specified in millimeters. This is sometimes inconvenient, because the images on the page can be displayed at different scales, and the print size does not reflect the size of the images in pixels, as an indirect indication of the quality of these images.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: [suggestion] Extract Images from PDF / Exclude images smaller than: (...) px

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Jensen Head

This is based on the measurement unit type that you have specified in the Tolls preferences:
image.png
Simply choose Points, instead of inches, and then you can configure it as needed without any display "assumptions" about the measurements.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Jensen Head
User

Re: [suggestion] Extract Images from PDF / Exclude images smaller than: (...) px

Post by Jensen Head »

Excuse me, but how are Points related to the pixels of the original images?

Look, I created a document where I pasted the same image, but at a different scale:
_
PDF with two identical images at different scales.png
_
The fact that the images are identical can be verified by exporting them using "Extract Images from PDF" / "Exclude images smaller than: No limit".
I set the "Exclude images smaller than" setting to "216 pt" - only one image is exported and the second one is considered "too small" even though the two images are exactly the same.

It is for such cases that I propose to supplement the list of items "point", "inch", "centimeter", "millimeter" and "pica" with the item "pixels".
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello, Jensen Head

My apologies, your prior post was written such that I thought you were simply lamenting the fact that you could not use anything other than millimeters. I was offering a solution to that issue, sorry for misunderstanding.

You are correct that this feature does not currently account for the real size of images, but on the size on the page. I will forward this request to our Dev team and see what can be done, but at the moment I cannot make any promises.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:45 pmyour prior post was written such that I thought you were simply lamenting the fact that you could not use anything other than millimeters. I was offering a solution to that issue, sorry for misunderstanding.
I don't speak English well, unfortunately.
TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:45 pmI will forward this request to our Dev team
Thanks!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

:)

Support@pdf-xchange.com