Windows does not allow you to print more than 15 files

A picture is worth a thousand words. We have created some pdfs tutorials showing common tasks.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

gehtdoch
User

Windows does not allow you to print more than 15 files

Post by gehtdoch »

Does PDF-XCHANGE have any solution for this restriction that I missed?

I need to print about 50 to 200 PDF documents regularly. I found an application named 'Print Conductor' to do the job, but in the end I don't like the product. I can could change some registry entries t allow Windows to print more than 15 documents and I also can drop the files directly to the printer queue - however, in both ways I miss a printer setting dialog first.

Tried to just open all those documents in XCHANGE Editor, then using 'Print all'. It then tries to print them as one big document - but (beside the problem of duplex printing of mixed length documents), the only result here was an error in the printer queue.

Any ideas?
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Windows does not allow you to print more than 15 files

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello gehtdoch,

Welcome to our Forum.
I can could change some registry entries t allow Windows to print more than 15 documents and I also can drop the files directly to the printer queue - however, in both ways I miss a printer setting dialog first.
Yes, indeed one of ways to remove the restriction is through a registry tweak.

Print All does open printer settings dialog:

image.png

Tried to just open all those documents in XCHANGE Editor, then using 'Print all'. It then tries to print them as one big document - but (beside the problem of duplex printing of mixed length documents), the only result here was an error in the printer queue.

Could you please show us the error message you see?

Regards.