Rename when extracting pages from a document or renaming a new document that aint saved yet

Please post any ideas or requests for new features here for the End User Version of PDF-XChange (printer Drivers)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, John - Tracker Supp, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Tracker - Clarion Support, moderators, Support Staff

runeterkel
User

Rename when extracting pages from a document or renaming a new document that aint saved yet

Post by runeterkel »

Hi

It could be a very nice feature to be able to rename a document when extracting pages to a new document.
I often extract pages from a manual to send an extract to a dealer, with only a few pages in.
But I don't save the extracted pages only send them by mail and then discard the extracted document.
But I can't rename the document before sending it by mail only if I save the document first.
The filename is grayed out when "Extract all pages to a new document" is chosen.
The filename is grayed out when "Extract all pages to a new document" is chosen.
When trying to rename a "New document" that's not saved yet by right-clicking the filename TAB the rename function is missing.
When trying to rename a "New document" that's not saved yet by right-clicking the filename TAB the rename function is missing.
Would be nice if the option was available for documents that ain't saved.
Would be nice if the option was available for documents that ain't saved.

Best regards

Rune
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Rename when extracting pages from a document or renaming a new document that aint saved yet

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello runeterkel,

Welcome to our forums.
This option that you have selected in the drop down menu will create a NEW document that is not saved to disk - and as such a file name can not be specified for it at the moment of extraction - as there's no document yet (nor there would be one created after the extraction process and before you actually save that file to disk. That's why the option to "name" such newly created files is not present. Just select the second entry in the same drop down menu and you would then be able to specify a name:
image.png
Yes - this second option will save a file locally, but you can e.g. save it to your desktop so that it's quick and easy to remove it once you've e-mailed it.

Kind regards,
Stefan