Continuous layout w. Fit Width zoom

Please post any ideas or requests for new features here for the End User Version of PDF-XChange (printer Drivers)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, John - Tracker Supp, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Tracker - Clarion Support, moderators, Support Staff

jkd
User

Post by jkd »

I would love it if I could choose to have the page display switch to Continuous when I change the zoom to Fit Width. Or if there could be a toolbar command that combines in one command the zoom/display commands of "Fit Page / Single Page", and another that does "Fit Width / Continuous". When i choose Fit Page, I always want the scrolling to advance one Single Page at a time. When I choose Fit Width, I always want the scrolling to be Continuous. Thank you!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Continuous layout w. Fit Width zoom

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, jkd

Thank you for the request, at the moment we do not offer an easy way to accomplish this. Although, if you are fluent with javascript, you could create a custom command to do this.
Beyond that, I have spoken with the dev team about this and decided to take your request and kick it up a notch. To best way to implement this feature, is to complete a feature we considered a long while ago, new custom commands. This would allow you to specify more than one "command" action (such as zoom and scroll mode) to happen with a single click of a button.
I cannot offer a timeline for when this may be completed, but know that we are now taking another look at it.

RT#5877: FR: Customize toolbars "New command" completion

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
jkd
User

Re: Continuous layout w. Fit Width zoom

Post by jkd »

Thank you! For now, as shown in the attached snip, I placed the commands next to each other, and I click both members of a pair each time I switch between Fit Page and Fit Width.
Thanks,
jkd
Attachments
image.png
image.png (16.46 KiB) Viewed 440 times
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

:)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke