[suggestion] When you open the "OCR Image (Enhanced)" window, immediately make the "OK" button the current item

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Jensen Head
User

[suggestion] When you open the "OCR Image (Enhanced)" window, immediately make the "OK" button the current item

Post by Jensen Head »

I suggest making it possible, after pressing the "OCR Page (s)" button, to simply press Enter on the keyboard to start the recognition process, if the user is satisfied with all the settings of the "OCR Image (Enhanced)" window. Now when you open this window when you press Enter, nothing happens.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: [suggestion] When you open the "OCR Image (Enhanced)" window, immediately make the "OK" button the current item

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, Jensen Head

There are a few dialogs like this one which are not exactly designed to be "set and forget" functions, so I cannot guarantee that this will be changing, but I can certainly bring it up for consideration.
In the meantime, the "ALT+O" shortcut does work in these menus.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Jensen Head
User

Re: [suggestion] When you open the "OCR Image (Enhanced)" window, immediately make the "OK" button the current item

Post by Jensen Head »

This is how, for example, the "Split Pages", "Crop Pages", "Move Pages", "Extract Pages", "Delete Pages" windows behave, and it is convenient. At least at some point, the user gets used to the fact that pressing Enter in the settings window that has just opened (often, in fact, the window for confirming the operation) closes the window and starts the specified procedure. And when the application starts to behave unpredictably, the worker "thread" is interrupted by a second's thought, what is the mistake?
PHK
User

Post by PHK »

Jensen Head wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:00 pm This is how, for example, the "Split Pages", "Crop Pages", "Move Pages", "Extract Pages", "Delete Pages" windows behave, and it is convenient. At least at some point, the user gets used to the fact that pressing Enter in the settings window that has just opened (often, in fact, the window for confirming the operation) closes the window and starts the specified procedure. And when the application starts to behave unpredictably, the worker "thread" is interrupted by a second's thought, what is the mistake?
And Rasterize.

I support this recommendation. Similar functions should have similar UI feel.
All best,

FringePhil
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello,

Thank you for the added notes, we are looking at this, but at the end of the day the decision is in the hands of the development team. As before I will present this to them for their consideration, but that is as much as i can do.

RT#6094: FR: select "OK" button by default in all dialogs

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
PHK
User

Post by PHK »

Thank you, Daniel! :)
All best,

FringePhil
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

:)

Support@pdf-xchange.com
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

Probably a suggestion similar to those discussed in this thread: in the "Image Saving Options" window, pressing Enter with any input field active closes the window as if the "OK" button had been pressed.
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

+1 :)
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello, Guys,

Just to make sure I am looking at the correct dialog to add to the list here, Can you clarify which image saving options you mean? (how to open it, and possibly a screenshot)

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
PHK
User

Post by PHK »

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:37 pm Hello, Guys,

Just to make sure I am looking at the correct dialog to add to the list here, Can you clarify which image saving options you mean? (how to open it, and possibly a screenshot)

Kind regards,
Merge Pages is a big one for me.
All best,

FringePhil
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hi guys!

I have added notes to the ticket about those dialogs specifically, but the ticket is also, hopefully, to make this behavior consistent across all dialogs.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
PHK
User

Post by PHK »

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 3:46 pm ,,,make this behavior consistent across all dialogs...
Right on!
All best,

FringePhil
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Support@pdf-xchange.com
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 9:37 pmCan you clarify which image saving options you mean? (how to open it, and possibly a screenshot)
PDF-XChange — Export to Image(s) — Image Saving Options.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello, Jensen Head

Thank you! Note added to the ticket :)

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
PHK
User

Post by PHK »

Thank you all, Tracker Software, for fixing this!!
All best,

FringePhil
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Support@pdf-xchange.com
PHK
User

Post by PHK »

Like a few other actions that are driven from pop-up boxes, it would be consistent across the PDF-XCE application if all pop-ups defaulted to having the "OK" box active. I know that many have been fixed, like the OCR Image pop-up of this thread.

Here is another pop-up that might benefit from the same treatment.

image.png

I hope this can be considered, even if as a low priority enhancement.

Thank you for thinking about this suggestion.
All best,

FringePhil
MedBooster
User

Post by MedBooster »

PHK wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:03 pm Like a few other actions that are driven from pop-up boxes, it would be consistent across the PDF-XCE application if all pop-ups defaulted to having the "OK" box active. I know that many have been fixed, like the OCR Image pop-up of this thread.

Here is another pop-up that might benefit from the same treatment.

image.png

I hope this can be considered, even if as a low priority enhancement.

Thank you for thinking about this suggestion.
+1 for this.
If Enter isn't used for anything else, why not use it to confirm the action (press OK) :)
Applies to all "confirm" dialogues...
Wishlist
Bookmarks with page numbers
Optional fixed small icon size in the toolbar
Shift to UNLOCK aspect ratio/i]
Allow more "toolbars" to the title bar
AltGr issues with character input and keyboard shortcuts
Chris - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Chris - Tracker Supp »

If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Chris Attrell
Tracker Sales & Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com