Wide pane activation handles and scrollbars, without having to Switch to touch-optimized UI

For users with issues, or feature requests, on touchscreen devices.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
For users with issues, or feature requests, on touchscreen devices.

DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

Please specify the specific name of the product in question, the Version and Build, then the issue/feature feature:

i.e.

PDF-XChange Editor, Version 5.5 Build 315.

Description of issue/request: "................."
JimmyD
User

Wide pane activation handles and scrollbars, without having to Switch to touch-optimized UI

Post by JimmyD »

While using touch, I vastly prefer the default mouse-optimized UI, but the only UI elements that are hard to tap are those narrow pane activation handles and scrollbars.
image1.png

I like the wide pane activation handles and scrollbars of the touch-optimized UI, but the rest of it is simply too large and spaced out for my usage, eating away from the PDF content itself, context menus too long to fit on the screen requiring extra taps, and making less toolbar buttons fit while using PDFX split-screened with other apps.
image.png

So I would suggest adding options for those wide activation pane handles and scrollbars in the mouse-optimized UI, without having to switch wholesale to touch-optimized UI.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by JimmyD on Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:22 am, edited 3 times in total.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Wide pane activation handles, without having to Switch to touch-optimized UI

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello JimmyD,

Thanks for your suggestion.
I will pass it to our UI devs for consideration but I believe these are small on purpose in the mouse UI exactly so that other screen space could be maximized.

Kind regards,
Stefan
JimmyD
User

Re: Wide pane activation handles, without having to Switch to touch-optimized UI

Post by JimmyD »

Thanks, I edited my post after you replied, to also include scrollbars.
Last edited by JimmyD on Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.