How to turn pages with a shortcut key when two pages are displayed side by side?  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Paul - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

rakunavi
User

How to turn pages with a shortcut key when two pages are displayed side by side?

Post by rakunavi » Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:21 am

Hello all,

When two pages are displayed side by side, if you click the "Previous Page (Ctrl + Left)" icon or "Next Page (Ctrl + Right)" icon in Page Navigation of Document Toolbars, the page will be turned every two pages.

However, if you operate using the shortcut key (Ctrl + Left / Ctrl + Right), the page will be turned page by page, so in order for the page feed to be reflected in the display, you need to press the shortcut key twice.

It seems that the behavior when clicking the icon and the behavior when operating the shortcut key are different. Is there a way to turn pages with a single shortcut key operation when two pages are displayed side by side?

Thank you,
rakunavi

- PDF-XChange Editor Plus Version:9.1 build 356.0
- OS Version: Windows 10 Home/Pro 21H1 Build 19043.1165
- PC Model: Lenovo IdeaPad C340-15IWL / HP ProDesk 600 G1
Last edited by rakunavi on Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rakunavi
User

Re: How to turn pages with a shortcut key when two pages are displayed side by side?

Post by rakunavi » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:45 pm

I found that I could use <Space> or <Shift + Space>, <PageDown> or <PageUp> to turn two pages at a time, even when two pages are displayed side by side.

Timur Born
User

Re: How to turn pages with a shortcut key when two pages are displayed side by side?

Post by Timur Born » Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:05 pm

If you are not zoomed in then you can also use up/down cursor keys.

TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

How to turn pages with a shortcut key when two pages are displayed side by side?

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:51 pm

:)
Daniel McIntyre
Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

Support: <Support@tracker-software.com>
Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623

rakunavi
User

Post by rakunavi » Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:02 pm

Thank you for your comments!
When I zoomed in, I could see more of the differences between the various shortcut keys.
The shortcut keys <Ctrl + Left> / <Ctrl + Right> do not switch pages after scrolling to the edge of the page.
However, the page navigation icon "<" / ">" on the document toolbar switches pages.
Unlike the explanation of the icon balloon, it seems that the assigned function is different for the shortcut key and the icon.

Thank you,
rakunavi

TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: How to turn pages with a shortcut key when two pages are displayed side by side?  SOLVED

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:11 pm

Hello, rakunavi

When zoomed in, the Ctrl+right/left functions work to navigate the document page as well. If you wish to go to the next page directly, you can instead use Ctrl+up/down. I will report the listed hotkey inconsistency here, but this is, to my knowledge, working as intended at the moment.

Kind regards,
Daniel McIntyre
Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

Support: <Support@tracker-software.com>
Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623