Pan and Zoom reopen

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jochynator
User

Pan and Zoom reopen

Post by jochynator »

Hi there, I am really happy with the Viewer (free version), it helps me to view our house drawings. I am using the Pan and Zoom tool as the drawing is huge. Nevertheless when I close the application and reopen it, I have to navigate every time to Tools-Zoom Tools-Pan and Zoom Tool.

Is there a way to have the Pan and Zoom Tool reopened every time I start the application?
Thanks a lot
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Pan and Zoom reopen

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello jochynator,

Open the Pan and zoom tool, and when it's open, grab it with the mouse and start moving it around the Editor window. You will see small markings like these ones:
image.png
Which means that you can drop this pan and zoom pane at that location and it will dock to the Editor's UI.
So it should stay visible even between sessions.

However I personally find Ctrl + Mouse Wheel the quicker way to zoom in/out of documents!

Kind regards,
Stefan
jochynator
User

Post by jochynator »

Hi Stefan and thanks for your time.
Is this really a feature of the viewer? In my case the docking function is not available.
Also your Toolbars look very different from mine
Attachments
image.png
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello jochynator,

Apologies - sometimes people do refer to the Editor as 'viewer' so I assumed you have our current product.
The Viewer is much older and has not had any real development in over 7 years now, and no - this docking feature is not available in the Viewer.

I would recommend you to download and give the Editor a try. It has a Classic UI mode - so that it can look as close to the Viewer as possible, but at the same time give you all the latest tools and customization options that the Editor offers.

Kind regards,
Stefan