Plugin for Mozilla Firefox

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

gagliaudo08
User

Plugin for Mozilla Firefox

Post by gagliaudo08 »

Dear Friends,
in order to see a pdf file within a tab of my firefox have I to copy the file named npPDFXCviewNPPlugin.dll within the plugin folder of my firefox itself ???
Or have I to do something else ???
Thanks a lot !!! Paolo :D
Paolo M. Grossholz
Mozilla rulez! ;-)
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Try Edit Preferences, File Associations, Display PDF in Browser.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
gagliaudo08
User

Post by gagliaudo08 »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:Try Edit Preferences, File Associations, Display PDF in Browser.
Dear Friend,
I've tried to do what you suggested to me, but it does not work.
To say the truth I did it before reading your answer, it seemed to me the obvious thing to do but... :oops:
The above mentioned ddl file is placed within the plugins folder of Mozilla Firefox so I do not know what's going wrong...
Maybe a little bug of the programme ???
However the programme itself is very nice and I use it instead of Acrobat Reader.
Any other suggestion ???
Bye bye !!! Paolo :D

P.S.: PROBLEM SOLVED !!!
I have downloaded a pdf file and I got a window that asked me what to do with the pdf file; I've answered "Open with PdfXChangeViewer"; then:
Tools > Options> Contents > Files Type > Running >
"Downloads"
At the bottom there's a button change download actions: I got the PDF entry, selected it, clicked on "Change Action...", Run the Plugin...
GAME OVER !!!
:D
Paolo M. Grossholz
Mozilla rulez! ;-)
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Pleased all is well :)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
mdmaynard
User

Post by mdmaynard »

I am having similar problem, I the view plugin is not working with firefox.

When I goto tools>options>content>manage nothing is there is all buttons/options are greyed out.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

This options is greyed out because you have no rights to change registry.

Please run the viewr with Administrator privileges (using Run As Administrator command) , and check this box.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
Dude
User

Can't find a workaround for browser integration problem

Post by Dude »

Thanks to the developers, this program is very nice (sadly, I found it only a few days ago), but I just can't make the Firefox plugin work. If I'm correct, the next version will contain a bugfix. Meanwhile I am running out of time collecting references for my PhD thesis, so opening pdf files within the browser is imperative. Unfortunately, I can't use the aforementioned workaround: for an unknown reason pdf files are not in the extension/filetype list of my Firefox 2.0.0.12. They disappeared when I uninstalled Acrobat reader & Adobe acrobat. Reinstalling XChange viewer, downloading pdf files, placing the plugin dll in Firefox plugins folder etc. do not help.
Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Pesach
Bhikkhu Pesala
User

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Try a full reinstall of Build 34

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXVwer.zip

The latest release is a fix for plugin problems. It is not (or at least was not available) via check for updates. I presume because if you have the faulty initial 034 build it won't detect that any updates are available.

See this earlier thread

Build 034 is now available

If that doesn't work, try reinstalling Adobe Reeader, or try using the plugin from Internet Explorer
Windows 10 Home 64-bit • AMD Ryzen 5 3400G, 8 Gb
Review: http://www.softerviews.org/PDF-XChange.html
Dude
User

Post by Dude »

Thanks, reinstallation and the aforementioned workaround did the trick! (BTW, what's missing in its description is that one needs to choose "Always perform this action for this filetype" - otherwise the extension will not appear in Firefox download actions list).
Jensen Head
User

Re: Plugin for Mozilla Firefox

Post by Jensen Head »

Can I install the Mozilla Firefox add-on from the official Mozilla add-on repository (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-GB/firefox/search/?q=pdf-xchange)?

If it is not there, what is the reason? Your add-on is not independent, but uses the features of the installed PDF-XChange Editor?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Plugin for Mozilla Firefox

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Jensen Head,

Yes - the add-on does rely on the Viewer/Editor being installed, so that's why we have not published it to Mozilla's official repository.

Kind regards,
Stefan