CMS-1500 form

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

RBFMBibi
User

CMS-1500 form

Post by RBFMBibi »

Hi, I need to print onto CMS-1500 claim forms. When I print on my printer at work (EPSON 4640) it prints ok, not perfectly, but acceptably. Now that I'm working at home, I'm printing on my EPSON ET and it's printing stuff outside of the fields, etc. I don't see anyway of manipulating the margins or the font, which is really a bit too bit (i think it's 12 pt). Is there a template or some way I can print these forms so they look ok? The information being printed on the form is generated from my Practice Manager software, and I don't think there's anyway I can control how it comes out. Any ideas?
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: CMS-1500 form

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Hello,

It suppose it goes about the form like available via the following hyperlink:
https://www.cigna.com/static/www-cigna-com/docs/health-care-providers/form-cms1500.pdf

In case you have been using a similar pdf as a template for filling the data, you have to take care for a few things when printing:
- scaling should be set to "None", so that it will print at 100%
- verify the check-box for "Select Page Size by Document's Page Size". I think it should best be turned ON.
- in case you do not like to print the form itself (using pre-printed paper), then select "Form Field Data Only".

Please give this a try ...

Best regards.
Attachments
Print - Forms-CMS 1500.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, RBFMBibi

I wanted to followup here and see if Willy's suggestion helped at all. His suggestion is exactly what we at tracker Software would have recommended as well. If you are still experiencing issues with this, we would like to know what is happening, and possibly see a sample document so we can try to reproduce it.

Kind regards,

P.S. Willy, thank you again for always jumping in to help others, it is appreciated :)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
RBFMBibi
User

Post by RBFMBibi »

Well, my CMS-1500s are printing even worse now. I tried using the settings I was recommended but things are still not lining up. I've attached a form that i printed using those settings as well as no settings. They all look terrible!
Please help! I have a new printer and it's even worse. THANKS!
Thanks!
cms-1500.pdf
(22.5 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Hi,

It seems like your form data are being printed with some kind of margin or gutter. You can see that the QR-code is not on the correct place (too far to the right) and that the page itself has been reduced somewhat.

Can you please verify in your practice manager software or in your printer-dialog-box (File > Print > Properties) if there are some options to set "Margins", and if yes, set them to zero or borderless ?

Best regards.
RBFMBibi
User

Post by RBFMBibi »

I only have the choice of Borderless or Bordered, with options to Auto Expand or Retain Size when Borderless is chosen. I don't see anything about margins in the PDF-X File...Print....Properties box. Page Setup has options for Margins but it's grayed out. I don't know how our practice management software creates the PDFs... I just click Print, Print to PDF and then I print from PDF-X. Usually if I try just printing from my browser it screws up; PDF-X has usually printed just fine, so I'm blaming my new printer (Epson WF-4830. I'm going to have to go back to hand-writing my claims grrrrr!?
CMSproblems.pdf
(51.17 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
Thanks for any insight you can give me.
B
Willy Van Nuffel
User

I wonder if there is a raison for using a separate (practice management) software for printing to CMS-1500 forms ?
Maybe you must process the data for other persons ?

If it goes only about filling forms for yourself, you can better download a fillable PDF for that CMS-1500 form and when the data has been filled in, you can print the data only to pre-printed form.

If it goes about filling forms for other persons, can you then post a dummy form generated at your work ?
I understand that when printing at work, the result is not perfect, but in either case much better than printed at home.

Best regards.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, All

While this conversation has been going on, I have seen a few reports across the internet about numerous issues related to the Epson model you mentioned there, most of which pertain to margins.

I am unsure I can offer any advice here beyond suggesting you contact Epson directly and see if they either have a solution, or an alternative for you.

Like willy suggested, perhaps if you can send us a dummy form for investigation more could be found, but at this junction, there really is not much I can offer.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
RBFMBibi
User

Post by RBFMBibi »

I just got a new printer (Canon GX7000 series). I can't find anywhere in pdf editor to set the margins to: Top and bottom margins: 0.5 inches or 12.7mm. Left and right margins: 0.3 inches or 7.625mm
I still have to send some paper claims, and there is one vendor in particular who will send these back the way they are because they aren't "readable." PLEASE HELP ME.
I am using PDF-xchange editor v9.2
Like the guy above, I have to print my claims to a pdf file; printing them from the PM software just is a mess. I don't see anywhere to manipulate the margins when i do that either. I can click on the Ruler and see the margins, it even appears i might be able to slide them, but can't figure out how.
bibi hahn
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi RBFMBibi,

sorry if I am being obtuse, but are you printing to the Canon or to PDF? You say you have a new Canon Printer,
I just got a new printer (Canon GX7000 series). I can't find anywhere in pdf editor to set the margins
but you also say
I have to print my claims to a pdf file
The location for setting margins will be different depending on which printer you are using. Do you already have a PDF that you wish to print to paper via the Canon or is this in another format that you wish to convert to PDF by printing to our PDF-XChange Printer?
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com