Requesting a Time-Limited Opportunity To Edit a Posting

Please post any requests or ideas you may have for new features for the end User Version of PDF-Tools here.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, John - Tracker Supp, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Tracker - Clarion Support, moderators, Support Staff

malletKATman
User

Requesting a Time-Limited Opportunity To Edit a Posting

Post by malletKATman »

I'm sorry to post this topic to this forum, but I couldn't find another more appropriate in the Board Index, such as a section about the forum technology itself.

Most other forums I use provide a time-limited span where a poster can edit their last submitted post in any topic, most from 10-20 minutes. Of course we should all try to carefully review every posting before we submit it but occasionally there is a typo or grammatical mistake that gets out that we would all like to correct. I recently misspelled a support technician's surname in a submission, caught through an email about 5 minutes later, and had to submit an additional apology message. In my other forums I could have just edited that last post.

One other slight criticism: the Preview function on most forums fold in the formatting marks to show a posting will actually appear before your submit in a separate view from the one in which you compose and edit, which is helpful getting everything right. That's not the case here.

Thanks.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Requesting a Time-Limited Opportunity To Edit a Posting

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, malletKATman

After you have posted, there is an Edit button present, which allows you to edit a post. This is available to all regular users at any time for your own posts.
image1.png
When posting for the first time, there is a recaptcha that you need to complete before many forum functions are allowed, including the preview. When you have completed that recaptcha, or after your first post has been approved, you can click the "preview" button at any time to see the preview the post, exactly as you say, with all formatting, before posting.
image.png
-

As a side note, I did all of this testing with a normal user account I created through the same channels as you have, there are no special permissions of any kind applied to the account.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com