Printing with PDFXChange4.0 from SAGE with PDF-Security

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers only - Please do not post requests for older versions of PDF-XChange or the PDF-Tools/OFFice2PDF applications here

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Wetropa
User

Printing with PDFXChange4.0 from SAGE with PDF-Security

Post by Wetropa »

Hello,

we are customer of SAGE OfficeLine which has the PDFXChange-Printer 4.0 included.
This Printer can be used with SAGE in licenzed mode and only with Demo-Watermarks, when printing with other software.

Unfortunately the Printing Defaults are set with no PDF-Security.
Now we want to lock the documents with password and to forbit copying contens.

Cause this is a printer as any other, I set the defaults for this printer via windows printing dialogs. It uses them when printing Testpage in Demo-Mode. These settings are stored as a profile "current" in the registry.

Now i'm wondering, why SAGE does not use this printer with my preferences.
I found out that SAGE duplicates the printer when starting and remove that while closing. While the session exists, a printer "PDF-XChange 4.0 (1)" is installed.
The normal printer has Security Keys set in the registry. This temporary printer has no keys.

How can i set up my preferences to work with printing from SAGE?

We need secured PDFs with password and in the future with digital signature.

Any hints?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Printing with PDFXChange4.0 from SAGE with PDF-Security

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Wetropa

Unfortunately as the SAGE software is making use of our SDK/API products we cannot say with any certainty what is going on. What you have described, the creation and deletion of a copy of the printer is a common practice within developer applications, so that should not be a cuase for concern. Based on what you have said here, I can only assume that the Developers of the software have set itup so that the copy either does not take in customizations, or it will only accept certain options.

I cannot offer any suggestions here beyond saying that you should contact the developer for the application for assistance with their application, as they will need to fix the issue in their handling and provide you with an updated version in order to resolve this, it is not something we will be able to fix from our end, especially in a version that was released so many years ago.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com