xccdx30.dll : Entry Point Not Found Error

This Forum is for the use of Clarion For Windows - Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker - Clarion Support, John - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software, Support Staff, moderators

julian
User

xccdx30.dll : Entry Point Not Found Error

Post by julian » Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:35 pm

Hello,

One user has a problem launching an application that uses xccdx30.dll. The application gives an error at start up as follows ...

"The procedure entry point ?Update@AAD@@QAEXPBEK@Z could not be located in the dynamic link library xccdx30.dll"

I suspect this is a user profile problem because if I log on at the same PC with my own username the problem does not occur.

I'm struggling to resolve this and am reluctant to delete the user's profile - does PDF-XChange perhaps create temporary files somewhere locally that might need deleting ?

Thanks,

Julian.

John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp » Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:09 pm

Hi Julian,

The issue is not the user profile I suspect - but the fact that the users folder structure has more than one copy of our dll's which conflict due to differing versions or a specific redundant dll (fm30xmf.dll) is in his folder heirachy and must be removed.

We provide a tool to check for this which you can locate here :

http://www.tracker-software.com/forum/v ... php?t=1545

Please let me know if this does not resolve the issue.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

julian
User

Post by julian » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:40 am

Thank you for you response & apologies for my late reply.

Your Scan Tool did not detect a duplicate file nor did it detect fm30xmf.dll as the end user does not have any of your software installed.

Deleting & recreating the user's profile on the PC did resolve the problem , thank goodness.

Just for interest : the Clarion application runs from a network share & I simply copied your DLLs to the same share to save installing on each workstation. It's been working that way for several months for all users including the "problem user" who suddenly failed one day.

Thanks again.

Julian.

Tracker - Clarion Support
Site Admin

Post by Tracker - Clarion Support » Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:55 pm

Hi Julian!

Good to hear that it's resolved!

There seem to be myriad ways in which Windows can cause problems difficult to diagnose or treat.
Craig Ransom
Tracker Software - Clarion Support
http://www.tracker-software.com

Return to “PDF-XChange Drivers (only) API SDK - For Clarion For Windows Developers only Please”