Scanner problems in different versions

Discussion for the End User use of OCR in PDF-XChange Editor and Viewer

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

plppdf
User

Scanner problems in different versions

Post by plppdf »

I installed trial versions of PDF-Xchange Editor on my old and new laptop this month. Scanning works on the old laptop with software V7.0 build 328.2 but does not work on the new laptop with software V8.0 build 337. I am trialing different pdf software to purchase and the Epson scanning works on the new laptop with the other 2 pdf programs. WOW it is hard to finish this with verification request ever 30 seconds.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Scanner problems in different versions

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello plppdf,

Are you unable to scan at all or are you only seeing the WIA drivers for your scanner? Have you tried updating to build 338 (the current latest) - and can it see and recognize your scanner's drivers correctly?

Kind regards,
Stefan
plppdf
User

Post by plppdf »

Thank you for help but the update did not help. I can scan with other programs and with the PDF-Xchange version I mentioned on my other laptop, the error says cannot communicate with Epson scanner.
I just discovered I can scan with Microsoft WIA but not with TWAIN 32 bit.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, plppdf

If TWAIN scanning works fine, is there any reason you would not like to use it? That seems to be the solution to the problem, and is why we offer both as options (in-case the other does not work).

I also note that we have checked if you are running the latest version of the Editor, but we neglected to ask if you also have the Windows updates, and the latest scanner drivers installed. Some Windows updates in the past year caused issues with many applications ability to communicate with printers and scanners, so if you new device happens to have those updates installed, instead of the older or newer ones, it could be the cause.
If you have not already, please try installing those, then restart the PC and see if the issue with the WIA drivers still persists.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com