V8 crashes

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

hbr
User

V8 crashes

Post by hbr »

I am a new user of PDF-XChange Editor V8 (licensed). OS is Windows 7 SP1. When I got several pdfs open in tabs and try to close the editor it crashes. When I try to close a tab it crashes sometimes. I reinstalled the software, but it did not help. Closing the editor with a single pdf loaded is okay.

Related problem or not: I tried to optimise several pdfs, and sometimes the optimised saved document failed to open afterwards, with my pdf reader reporting that it is not a pdf document. Optimising the original again usually worked.

A third issue occurred when I tried to install the software for the first time: The installer insisted in closing other software running, including Windows Explorer. After it did and the install was complete I had the pdf editor running, but no desktop any more. So it crashed Windows. I had to force a reboot.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: V8 crashes

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello hbr,

Is it possible to tell us the exact version of your PDF Editor?

You can see that under the Main menu -> Help -> About.

Regards.