PDF Viewer Pro not working even though registration number is input

The PDF-XChange Viewer for End Users
+++ FREE +++

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

judgedredd
User

PDF Viewer Pro not working even though registration number is input

Post by judgedredd »

I have PDF Viewer (version 2 build 46) and the Pro version was purchased for $75. The machine that it was installed on has had Windows XP reinstalled at least 2 times since the time of purchase.

After getting Windows up and running again after a clean install recently it came to reinstalling PDF Viewer. I input the registration code that I had saved from when the software was purchased and the software still worked as a free version. When looking to see if the program had taken the registration code, I found that it had.

Why is the software working as a free version and not the Pro version? If this is the standard with this software (that the registration code expires after a certain amount of time), then I am certainly not going to recommend this product to ANYONE - especially after shelling out such a hefty amount.

As an aside, to force users to keep inputting the captcha WHILE POSTING(!) is ridiculous. That has already been done to access the forum or make a first post. One shouldn't have to keep doing it every minute or two until the post is written and submitted. I even had to save this post as a draft , logout, open a different browser, login, and then post this (or try to). That is how retarded your forum is, even though it is only a requirement for the first time only, this captcha method is an abuse of my time and energy. Make sure you read your own terms and conditions and apply it to yourselves.
Younger software developers are mostly highly educated buffoons - they circumvent HTML5 standards with javascript provided by Google Analytics.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: PDF Viewer Pro not working even though registration number is input

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Judgeredd,

It sounds like you have a license key for an version older than the oldest we still have available on the website, which may be why you are experiencing issues activating the program. Your license must match the version installed, once maintenance expires while the key will still keep working, it will only work in a specific version. You can try applying the key to this installer, and see if it works.

Could I ask you to please send an email to our support team <support@pdf-xchange.com> with your current license key, and we would be happy to assist from there. Please do not under any circumstances post your license key on the public forums however, as we will be required to immediately block it from use.

On the topic of captcha account verification, I do apologize for the difficulties encountered, I have just gone through the account creation process to verify this. During creation it is required, and prior to posting your first post it is required. While there is a timeout mechanism for the captcha in either scenario, it only needs to be "checked" during the moment you click the "submit" button, there is no need to "keep verifying", nor do we offer any prompt stating otherwise. Did you find our forums acted differently?

Nonetheless, now that your first post has been approved you will not be required to input any further captcha, so no more worries there.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
judgedredd
User

Post by judgedredd »

Hi,

Sorry to respond so late. I was expecting an email to say a response had been posted but that didn't arrive so I will have to check my settings.

As far as I am aware I kept the original downloadable executable that this key applied to. But since I've had it so long it may be that I downloaded a later version and don't remember. To make it easier on the user could you name your executables with their version numbers? That will make it much easier to keep track of which version to install if the need arises to reinstall. Calling all different versions the same, i.e. PDFXVwer.exe, makes my scenario all the easier to achieve.

I will email the key when I get to my main computer later today.

Thanks for responding.
Younger software developers are mostly highly educated buffoons - they circumvent HTML5 standards with javascript provided by Google Analytics.
judgedredd
User

Post by judgedredd »

When dealing with this this morning I found the original installation .exe file (PDFX5.exe) from 2012. I uninstalled the software that I had and installed this version and everything works.

One last question.... if I click on the update button what will happen? Will the software update and then tell me I have to buy another licence or will nothing happen because it is so old?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello judgedredd,

Glad you found the correct installation package.
Most likely the Check for updates will not work as that is a rather old version that you have!

Regards,
Stefan
rsw1941
User

New Post ?

Post by rsw1941 »

Ever get irritated with technology when you KNOW you're missing something obvious?

As a newly registered member, I cannot find a way to submit my first post.

WHERE's the "New Post" button?

Thanks,
rsw1941
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, rsw1941

The new topic button appears in the top left area of the forums when you are browsing in a specific form (you will not see one when looking at all forum categories). For example, when we are here:
viewforum.php?f=62
You should see this:
image.png
Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com