DropDownMenu of the text recognition is empty.

Discussion for the End User use of OCR in PDF-XChange Editor and Viewer

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

TStute
User

DropDownMenu of the text recognition is empty.

Post by TStute »

I want to use the OCR text recognition. However, when I try to select a language, the drop down menu is empty. How can I fix this?
I have already tried to install the corresponding language pack (Europe) via the adjacent link. I also tried to solve the problem with a reinstallation. Unfortunately, neither has led to the solution. For other PC's the installation works with the same file.

My operating system: Windows 10 Enterprise
PDF XChange Viever Version: 2.5.322.8
Attachments
grafik.png
Last edited by TStute on Fri Oct 04, 2019 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: DropDownMenu of the text recognition is empty.

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

Hi TStute,

thanks for the post. I am sorry to hear you are having these issues with the Viewer and OCR. Is this the drop down you refer to?
image.png
You said both that it works correctly on other PCs and also that a re-installation does not help. To be honest I have not seen this particular issue before.

The first thing I would have you do is reset your settings to default. It may not the cause but we need to try that first.
image.png
I am interested in why you are using the Viewer for this however. The Viewer has been replaced by the Editor and it has more advanced OCR.
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com
TStute
User

Post by TStute »

First of all thanks for the quick response. :)
The reset of the settings did not help. Do you have any further suggestions?

Unfortunately, my company only allows the use of the Viewer. That's why I can not use the Editor.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello TStute,

I am afraid that the Viewer has been discontinued for quite some time, so even if there are issues with any feature in it - there is no way for us to correct that, so you will either need to find a workaround, or get your company to update to the Editor.

Regards,
Stefan