Download PDF Creation Tools in PDF-XChange Viewer Settings.dat file

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Rene
User

Download PDF Creation Tools in PDF-XChange Viewer Settings.dat file

Post by Rene »

Hi there,

I am using PDF-XChange PRO SDK, Version: 5.0.313.1 and using the active X component for showing documents in my environment.

Due a upgrade to windows 10 i did have to make some changes in the PDF-XChange Viewer Settings.dat file. After creating the .dat file and upload it to our test environment, i noticed that there was a "Download PDF Creation Tools" button in the right corner that wasn't there before.

Is this becasuse my Maintenance Plan Expired on Jun 22, 2018 or is there another reason why this buttons shows up. I have tried to insert my license key but it said "The Clipboard doesn't contain the valid license key(s)".

Rene
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Download PDF Creation Tools in PDF-XChange Viewer Settings.dat file

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Rene,
This banner:
image.png
image.png (5.47 KiB) Viewed 3572 times
Appears in the upper right corner of the more recent builds of the viewer, to inform users that the application they are using is our discontinued viewing application, and that we offer newer better tools for document creation and editing. It remains present regardless of license status.

If you are seeing this, and your license is also not working, the most likely situation is that you downloaded a newer version of the application than is covered by your license. (build 322.10 was released in December 2018, whereas you mentioned your license expired in June) In that case, Please try either using the Editor, build 325.1, or the Viewer, build 322.9.

And see if your license works in those.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com