Tab Drag and Drop

PDF-XChange Viewer SDK for Developer's
(ActiveX and Simple DLL Versions)

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

TomChandler
User

Tab Drag and Drop

Post by TomChandler »

I'm looking for a way to capture the tab drag and drop event so that I can combine the documents instead of re-ordering them. However, I haven't found a way to either cancel the re-order event, or hook into the drag/drop event. Can someone point me in the right direction?
TomChandler
User

Re: Tab Drag and Drop

Post by TomChandler »

So I've figured out a way to detect when we're dragging a tab from one location to another, but I still can cancel the re-order event. I need it so I can detect them dropping a tab, but I can't have them move or I get the wrong target. Is there a cancel able event there?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Tom,

Have you tried working with the document ID's directly - and then check the order before and after a drag operation - and merge the necessary ones?

Regards,
Stefan
TomChandler
User

Post by TomChandler »

No, that hadn't occurred to me. I could probably make that work. Is there a way to cancel the drop event all together to avoid that complexity?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Tom,

The Viewer SDK is quite an older one - and it didn't have all events exposed as far as I remember. I did check the help pages but could not find the answer to your question myself - so I will ask a colleague from the dev team who was working on the Viewer SDK, and see if he can assist further!

Regards,
Stefan
TomChandler
User

Post by TomChandler »

Is there a newer SDK that has similar functionality to the viewer that we should be considering?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello Tom,

That would be the Editor SDK:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/produc ... editor-sdk
But it's quite different so there will be quite some learning curve.

Regards,
Stefan
TomChandler
User

Post by TomChandler »

So when I call GetDocumentIndex, it seems to return the index of the document in the array, not the tab index. What's the method to use for the tab index? I'm not finding it in the documentation. Can you point me in the right direction?
TomChandler
User

Post by TomChandler »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:18 pm Hello Tom,

The Viewer SDK is quite an older one - and it didn't have all events exposed as far as I remember. I did check the help pages but could not find the answer to your question myself - so I will ask a colleague from the dev team who was working on the Viewer SDK, and see if he can assist further!

Regards,
Stefan
I wanted to see if you got a response back on this? Also, any input on how to get the tab indexes for the document instead of the index in the list of documents? I asked on another message, but I'm also having an issue with the wrong tab closing. I'm wondering if once I get the tab indexes if that will help.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello TomChandler,

Apologies for the delay. I've asked a colleague who worked on the Viewer SDK to take a look again - and we will post an update here shortly!

Regards,
Stefan
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi Tom.

Unfortunately, there is no way to get index of document's tab.
But we can add simple feature like GetDocumentTabIndex for you.

Cheers.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
TomChandler
User

Post by TomChandler »

Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:12 am Hi Tom.

Unfortunately, there is no way to get index of document's tab.
But we can add simple feature like GetDocumentTabIndex for you.

Cheers.
What kind of time frame would there be on that? I have a pretty aggressive due date for this project.

Edit: Is there just a way to get a list of documents and what tab they are on?

Also, any feedback on why when I pass a document ID to the close function it always seems to close the first tab? (It may be the current tab, I haven't experimented yet)