Delay on pencil input via stylus (Lenovo X1 Yoga)

For users with issues, or feature requests, on touchscreen devices.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
For users with issues, or feature requests, on touchscreen devices.

DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

Please specify the specific name of the product in question, the Version and Build, then the issue/feature feature:

i.e.

PDF-XChange Editor, Version 5.5 Build 315.

Description of issue/request: "................."
frankiea
User

Delay on pencil input via stylus (Lenovo X1 Yoga)

Post by frankiea »

Hi there,

I've been trying write on my PDFs with my Lenovo X1 Yoga stylus, but there is a slight delay in the pencil input, that totally ruins my ability to use the pen since the text is missing a lot of inputs.

Here is an animated gif of what happens when I try to draw a line:
PDFXChange-StylusInputDelay.gif
link: https://imgur.com/a/tu5nX82?

As you can see, the line doesn't start until a bit after I start my stroke, resulting in a gap.

Is anyone else having this issue?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Delay on pencil input via stylus (Lenovo X1 Yoga)

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello frankiea,

This is a known issue with some "pressure sensitive" input devices. We are looking into ways of mitigating that, but for the time being the best solution I can offer is to change your Stylus' input settings (from windows) to either disable pressure sensitivity, or increase the "weight" of the pen to the maximum, so that it is difficult to hit the low end of the spectrum when writing.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
frankiea
User

Post by frankiea »

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the quick reply. Unfortunately I've tried changing all the settings in windows for the pen and nothing seems to fix it.

I've been evaluating different PDF apps, and so far I like PDF-XChange the most, except for this one crucial issue. Are you able to confirm if this bug would be fixed in later updates to version 8? Or do you have no idea this point?

I'd like to buy new PDF software soon and I can wait a bit for this fix - I just need some guarantee of this issue being fixed within the default maintenance package of 1 year if I were to buy now.

Thanks!
Frankie
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello frankiea,

Unfortunately I cannot provide a specific timeline one this at the moment, but it is being worked on currently, so I would not be surprised to see it sooner than later.

I know this is not the guarantee you were looking for, so I apologize for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com