PDFX7SA_sm.exe Installation

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

TomChandler
User

PDFX7SA_sm.exe Installation

Post by TomChandler »

We upgraded our application from PDFX 6 to PDFX 7. We were using the PDFX6SA_sm.exe in our installer with the following switches, and it worked just fine:
/SILENT /NORESTART /COMPONENTS="pdfSaver,PDF-XChange driver,Languagess" /DIR="c:\Program Files (x86)\{ApplicationName}" /DRVwoPRN

However, just plugging in PDFX7SA_sm.exe doesn't work. We get a COM error when we try to execute this code:
new CPXCControlEx();

If I use PDFX7API.exe with those same switches, it seems to work just fine... but we'd like to use the proper installer to distribute our application.

I can't find the switches for PDFX7SA_sm.exe documented anywhere, so I'm wondering if we need to install it differently.
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: PDFX7SA_sm.exe Installation

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

We found an issue with registration Driver's COM components by the PDFX7SA_sm.exe. The fixed version already uploaded on our server, please redownload.

But we cannot reproduce the problem with /DRVwoPRN key - it works as expected.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.