Script file for Projects (sequence of PDF-Tools tasks)

Please post any requests or ideas you may have for new features for the end User Version of PDF-Tools here.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, John - Tracker Supp, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Tracker - Clarion Support, moderators, Support Staff

blm
User

Script file for Projects (sequence of PDF-Tools tasks)

Post by blm »

I often use PDF-Tools to produce a report merging documents from different directories - it would be useful if PDF-tools could 'remember' the settings as a project file so you could repeat the operation by selecting from a list of files which essentially contain a script detailing all the input required. Normally I end up remaking the file perhaps 4 or 5 times due to edits, typos or updates.

Additionally, if the customisable parts like header and footer were also stored (eg as templates) in files and referenced as such in the script file or in the input header and footer options, this would make life even simpler. i.e. if you use a series of standard headers and footers, set them up as templates and then simply select which one to use by file selection.

It would be good if these 'projects' could be set up as a sequence of PDF tools operations (e.g. some documents might have different headers or footers when generated and then be merged in the last stage of the operation).

If all these files were in a standard script format and could be tweaked by text editor, even better !
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Thanks - your suggestions are appreciated :)
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
marisoft
User

Post by marisoft »

Hi,

Any news on the implementation of this suggestion ?

I also believe an option to save settings into a project would be very nice.

Cheers,
Poul Jensen
MariSoft
.::Poul Jensen::.

Clarion developer
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Not yet I am afraud Poul, we are working through an already extensive list - so could be a while before we get to.

thanks for your patience.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
s. langer
User

Re: Script file for Projects (sequence of PDF-Tools tasks)

Post by s. langer »

Hi,

I'd like to revive this request as it is the major limitation causing big annoyance for heavy users.

Please implement it - could not be that difficult!
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Script file for Projects (sequence of PDF-Tools tasks)

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi s. langer,

As per my email, regarding the feature request, all that we can do is forward the request along for evaluation. I suspect that, if the Dev. Team feel that the request is reasonable and can be implemented, it will be implemented when PDF-Tools is overhauled for Version 5.5, late this year/early next year.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.