Tracking progress

This Forum is for the use of End Users requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

MymsMan
User

Tracking progress

Post by MymsMan »

I am new to PDF-tools so I may be missing the obvious.

I am trying to OCR scan a folder full of pdf documents and while I cam see (Recognizing page x of y) at the top of the screen it doesn't tell me in which file it is detecting!

Also output files are not copied to the the output directory until the end of batch so I cant tell from that how many files have been processed.

I am a bit worried that there appears to be no easy way to pause/resume a large batch or to recover from a crash without restarting from the begining
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Tracking progress

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello MymsMan

Thank you for your post. I have just checked and this does appear to be the case. I have added a feature request for more indication to be added.

Thank you for reporting this.

Cheers!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Jensen Head
User

Post by Jensen Head »

Similarly, when converting images to live PDFs - only "Create PDF from Images: %full path to image%" is displayed - there is not the slightest understanding of how many more hours to wait?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Jensen Head,

Thanks for adding this here!
I am sure that our devs will take both into account and will try to clarify the progress information on both of these (and other) processes run in PDF Tools!

Kind regards,
Stefan