Lite Driver Registry

PDF-XChange Drivers API (only) V4/V5
This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-XChange Printer Drivers SDK (only) - VERSION 4 & 5 - Please use the PDF-Tools SDK Forum for Library DLL assistance.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jeffp
User

Lite Driver Registry

Post by jeffp »

For my Lite Driver version 5 install you gave me the following .reg file so that I could set the iRunApp setting to false to False.

Can you provide me with something similar for the Lite Driver version 6 install as well?

Thanks.

Code: Select all

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Lite 5\Printers\Profiles]
"SystemProfile"="{079FD97E-8382-482B-9A09-30D25094ABCB}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Lite 5\Printers\Profiles\All]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Lite 5\Printers\Profiles\All\{079FD97E-8382-482B-9A09-30D25094ABCB}\Data]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Lite 5\Printers\Profiles\All\{079FD97E-8382-482B-9A09-30D25094ABCB}\Data\Save]
"i.RunApp"=dword:00000000

Roman - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Lite Driver Registry

Post by Roman - Tracker Supp »

Hi Jeff,
It seems to be a bug in the recent version of the driver that breaks this technique. I am working on this issue. We might provide you with a custom build, if unable to find a reliable workaround.
jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

Ok. Just let me know either way.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Thanks Jeff - we will indeed.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
Roman - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Jeff,
The issue has been fixed. Until it is released please use the following .reg file as a workaround:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\DevModes2]
"PDF-XChange Lite V6"=-
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\DevModePerUser]
"PDF-XChange Lite V6"=-
[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Lite 5\Printers\Profiles]
"SystemProfile"=-

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Lite 5\Printers\Profiles]
"SystemProfile"="{079FD97E-8382-482B-9A09-30D25094ABCB}"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Lite 5\Printers\Profiles\All]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Lite 5\Printers\Profiles\All\{079FD97E-8382-482B-9A09-30D25094ABCB}\Data]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Lite 5\Printers\Profiles\All\{079FD97E-8382-482B-9A09-30D25094ABCB}\Data\Save]
"i.RunApp"=dword:00000000

jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

I'm not sure I follow when you say it has been fixed.

I can wait for the fix, but how will it be implemented? Still with a .reg file? Is so, how will the .ref file look with the fix?

--Jeff
Roman - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Jeff,
The bug was that "SystemProfile" registry value was not updated after the printer settings modification (done by the driver). Therefore when you modify the "system profile" data in the registry, the result will be like your changes are not applied to the printer. Now it has been fixed.
how will it be implemented? Still with a .reg file? Is so, how will the .ref file look with the fix?
You can use the .reg file from my previous post to customize the printer settings 'from scratch' both in the current and the next release of Lite driver.
But if you want to just modify the existing profile registry data you have to wait for the next build.

Please let me know if the proposed solution works for you.
jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

But your previous post references "PDF-XChange Lite 5" for the reg folder. I thought that since this is now version 6 it would be "PDF-XChange Lite 6".

And I thought {079FD97E-8382-482B-9A09-30D25094ABCB} would be different now in version 6.

--Jeff
Roman - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

We left the registry name unchanged for backward compatibility.
Agreed it looks awkward. Like 64-bit kernel32.dll in Windows. :)
And I thought {079FD97E-8382-482B-9A09-30D25094ABCB} would be different now in version 6.
You can use any GUID. It is the identifier of a new printer settings profile you are adding in the registry.
jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

Ok. I see.

So just to confirm, the old .reg file you gave me for version 5 should work just fine in version 6 once you release the fix in the next build. Correct?

If so, I can just wait for the next build and not change any of my registry code.

--Jeff
Roman - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Unless you want to change the existing (modified by the user) printer settings (i.e. not just setup the settings 'from scratch' (based on the hard-coded printer defaults)), I do recommend using a .reg file with the latest additions from my post above. Because the old .reg file to work correctly must be applied immediately after the printer installation, before any settings modification are done through the printer UI.
jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

That's fine. I'm only concerned about setting the default value upon initial installation.

--Jeff
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Jeff,

Do you have everything that you need to work around the issue, until the next release, for now?
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

Yes. I'm fine for now.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)
jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

Spoke too soon. I'm trying to launch the Lite Driver from my installer program. In the past I just called your exe with the following params

/VERYSILENT /NORESTART /NOICONS /COMPONENTS="pdfSaver,PDFXChangedriver,Help,Languagess" "/Organization:FileCenter" /DIR="C:\Program Files (x86)\FileCenter\Drivers\" /PName="FileCenter PDF Printer 6" /LOG="C:\ProgramData\FileCenter\PDFPrinterLog.txt" "/Key:XYZ

With your Lite Drivers 4 and 5 the above params suppressed your installer dialogs and just did a silent install.

But now when I use these params on your new PDFXLite6.exe, your installer dialogs pop up. Did something change in the params I need to use in version 6 in order to get the silent install I'm looking for? Am I using the right exe?

Thanks.

--Jeff
Roman - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Jeff, your question has been forwarded to the installer team.
jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

Ok. Eager to get a response.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Jeff,

Looking at our online documentation for the EXE installers, it looks like this may have been changed to just /quiet (perhaps /QUIET). Can you please try that and see if that helps?

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

Yes, Ivan emailed me directly about this.

I'm just waiting for him to implement the PNAME or PNAMELITE option in the lite exe installer so I can change the name of the driver.

--Jeff
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Awesome, thanks for letting us know :)
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

Just installed the new Lite 7 Driver. Everything from 6 seems to work with my 7 installer, with one exception. I need to know the correct registry entry to turn i.RunApp off by default.

Can you help me here? Thanks.

--Jeff
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

To change printer's option you have to use Control Panel -> Drivers and Printer, or run pdfSaver with command line option /SetOptions (more details you can find on the help site.
For example, i.RunApp can be set using the following command line:

"%ProgramFiles%\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Lite\pdfSaverL.exe" /SetOptions "Save.RunApp=false" /Printer "PDF-XChange Lite"
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

This doesn't seem to be working. Here are my exact parameters, but the "Run Application After Printing" option is still checked after the initial install. What am I missing?

/quiet /norestart /SetOptions "Save.RunApp=false" /log "C:\ProgramData\FileCenter\PDFPrinterLog7.txt" PNAME="FileCenter PDF Printer 7" ORGANIZATION="FileCenter" KEYDATA=".."

Again, I'm using the EXE not the MSI installer
Roman - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Jeff,
You have to correct the pdfSaver command above according to your custom printer name:

"%ProgramFiles%\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Lite\pdfSaverL.exe" /SetOptions "Save.RunApp=false" /Printer "FileCenter PDF Printer 7"
jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

What about my use of

PNAME="FileCenter PDF Printer 7"

Does this need to come before the use of

/SetOptions "Save.RunApp=false" /Printer "FileCenter PDF Printer 7"

or after.

Isn't PNAME used to change the printer name? And doesn't this need to happen so /Printer has context?

--Jeff
Roman - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

PNAME is an option of the printer installer, while /SetOptions is an option of the printer utility process (pdfSaverL.exe).
To use pdfSaverL.exe you must have the printer installed.
jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

Ok. So how do I know the file path of pdfSaverL.exe once I run the installer.

So what you are saying is run the installer, and then run pdfSaveL.exe

--Jeff
Roman - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

By default (unless you select a custom installation directory) pdfSaverL is located here:

"%ProgramFiles%\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Lite\pdfSaverL.exe"
jeffp wrote: So what you are saying is run the installer, and then run pdfSaveL.exe
Correct.
jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

Never mind. I see it.
jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

Tried this:

"C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Lite\pdfSaverL.exe" /SetOptions "Save.RunApp=false" /Printer "FileCenter PDF Printer 7"

and this

"C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Lite\pdfSaverL.exe" /SetOptions "Save.RunApp=false" /Printer "PDF-XChange Lite"

Neither worked.

Is there something wrong with my syntax still?

--Jeff
Roman - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Jeff,
It appeared that support for /SetOptions was disabled in the Lite edition of the printer. I was unaware of this, sorry.
The good news is that we have selectively re-enabled this feature in the latest 324.3 build of the Lite printer.
Specifically, Lite edition now supports /SetOptions for the following values:

Save.ShowSaveDialog,
Save.RunApp,
Save.RunCustom,
Save.AppName,
Save.AppParams
jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

Thanks. Will test again with new build.
jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

Ok. I installed build 324.3 of the Lite driver.

I then ran both of the following, but the RunApp option was still checked.

"C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Lite\pdfSaverL.exe" /SetOptions "Save.RunApp=false" /Printer "FileCenter PDF Printer 7"

and

"C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange Lite\pdfSaverL.exe" /SetOptions "Save.RunApp=false" /Printer "PDF-XChange Lite"

Am I missing a step?

--Jeff
jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

Were you able to look into this again. I still can't get it to work with the Lite build 324.3.

--Jeff
Roman - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Sorry, Jeff, you have to wait until build 325. This update was not included in the final 324.3 build.
Build 325 is preliminary scheduled for April.
I have just tested the latest build snapshot of the Lite driver - /SetOptions "Save.RunApp=false" works ok.
jeffp
User

Post by jeffp »

That's fine. I can wait. I just need to know it's going to be in the next build.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Jeff,

Yes Roman's post above is a confirmation that it has indeed already been fixed and is working as it should, and the fix will be available in build 325.

Regards,
Stefan
Roman - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Timothy,
Please see here.
:mrgreen: