Typewriter field rotation handle tool.

Please post any requests or ideas you may have for new features for the end User Version of PDF-Tools here.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, John - Tracker Supp, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Tracker - Clarion Support, moderators, Support Staff

otto ambrosiani
User

Typewriter field rotation handle tool.

Post by otto ambrosiani »

When entering typed data (fields) sometimes is necessary to rotate the field to align it with the document. When you click on a field there is a rotation handle at the top of the field that it is used for that purpose. However, it is very hard to to do it. Is there a way to place the handle on one side of the field, or perhaps close to the end of the field so as not to obstruct the field sizing selectors?

Thank You
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Typewriter field rotation handle tool.

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Otto,

You have posted in the PDF Tools Feature Requests section, but I presume you are using the Editor! Can you please confirm?

In any case - that rotation handle is unlikely to be moved - and there should be enough space to select either it or the resize handles, but if you do not want to use that - click to select the object you want to rotate, then go to the Main Menu -> Object -> Transform selection, and you can rotate the object from the new pop-up window, entering numeric values and rotating it precisely.

Regards,
Stefan
otto ambrosiani
User

Post by otto ambrosiani »

Hi Stan,
Thanks for your prompt response. I am new to this forum, so I guess I posted in the wrong place.

I tried your solution, and although not too user friendly in that you can not see the actual rotation until you click OK (trial and error), it works.
I am sure that I once saw that handle on the side on an older version.

Again, thanks for your help.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Otto,

The older builds didn't have a rotation handle - so it might have been a different product, but in any case - I am happy to hear that you like the other solution through the menu I offered!

Regards,
Stefan