A list of all links to external (internet) URLs

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

gfr92y
User

Post by gfr92y »

I have a document with many hyperlinks to internet URLs.

Is there any way to produce a list of the internet URLs embedded in the hyperlinks?

Obviously I am a Newbie...

In other words, I have a hyperlink Fishing Lures linked to the URL http://www.fislurame.com. I would like to print a list of all URLs that are present in the hyperlinks through my document. Can I do this?

Thanks!

Joe
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: A list of all links to external (internet) URLs

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello Joe,

Welcome to the forum.

Currently, there is no way to do this with our products. There are some javascripts that can count how many links you have in a document, but this will not help you at all.
You will have to copy your URLs manually. I am sorry if this is not the answer you were looking for.

Regards,
Radi
gfr92y
User

Post by gfr92y »

Radi - Tracker Supp wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:45 am
Hello Joe,

Welcome to the forum.

Currently, there is no way to do this with our products. There are some javascripts that can count how many links you have in a document, but this will not help you at all.
You will have to copy your URLs manually. I am sorry if this is not the answer you were looking for.

Regards,

Radi
Has PDF-XChange Editor added this feature?

Thanks!

gfr92y
rakunavi
User

Post by rakunavi »

Hi gfr92y,

If the document is not secured, after exporting all link information as an XFDF file by using "Export Links..." in the options menu of the Links pane, you can easily obtain just the URLs by using any grep tool. Depending on the number of URLs, this should at least be more efficient than manually copying.

The Links pane has fewer functions in the Options menu than other panes, but because XFDF is a text file, each user can do what they want with the tools or programming languages with which they are familiar.

Best regards,
rakunavi
TOP desires for PDFXCE
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=39665 LassoTool
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=38554 CmtGarbled
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=37353 FulScrMultiMon
forum.pdf-xchange.com/viewtopic.php?t=41002 DisableTouchSelect
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello, all

At the moment, it is still not possible, What Rakunavi described may work for more advanced users, but there really is no easy way to do this. As such, I am proposing a feature request which I expect the Dev team will accept, export of links to CSV and TXT formats.

RT#6191: FR: Export links to CSV and TXT

As usual, this ticket is internal only, and I cannot guarantee implementation or a timeline. If you are looking for an update on its progress in the future, please ask here quoting the ticket number so that any member of our support team can look it up for you.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
gfr92y
User

Post by gfr92y »

rakunavi wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:00 am Hi gfr92y,

If the document is not secured, after exporting all link information as an XFDF file by using "Export Links..." in the options menu of the Links pane, you can easily obtain just the URLs by using any grep tool. Depending on the number of URLs, this should at least be more efficient than manually copying.

The Links pane has fewer functions in the Options menu than other panes, but because XFDF is a text file, each user can do what they want with the tools or programming languages with which they are familiar.

Best regards,
rakunavi

Thank!

I will try this!

gfr92y
gfr92y
User

Post by gfr92y »

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:18 pm Hello, all

At the moment, it is still not possible, What Rakunavi described may work for more advanced users, but there really is no easy way to do this. As such, I am proposing a feature request which I expect the Dev team will accept, export of links to CSV and TXT formats.

RT#6191: FR: Export links to CSV and TXT

As usual, this ticket is internal only, and I cannot guarantee implementation or a timeline. If you are looking for an update on its progress in the future, please ask here quoting the ticket number so that any member of our support team can look it up for you.

Kind regards,

Thanks!

gfr92y
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

:)
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com