Feature request: Differentiation between Touch and Stylus

For users with issues, or feature requests, on touchscreen devices.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Forum rules
For users with issues, or feature requests, on touchscreen devices.

DO NOT post your license/serial key, or your activation code - these forums, and all posts within, are public and we will be forced to immediately deactivate your license.

Please specify the specific name of the product in question, the Version and Build, then the issue/feature feature:

i.e.

PDF-XChange Editor, Version 5.5 Build 315.

Description of issue/request: "................."
Larynx
User

Feature request: Differentiation between Touch and Stylus

Post by Larynx »

Hi there, I am using your wonderful peace of software with my Surface Pro 3, unfortunately I wasn't able to setup the app to differentiate between touch and stylus input. I would prefer the app to scroll/zoom as I use Touch input and the selected tool while I use the active stylus (its a N-Trig). Would it be possible to implement such a feature? PDF Annotator and Bluebeam Revu are able to do so, but they fail to meet my need on other terms.

Thank you in advance,
best regards
Larynx
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Feature request: Differentiation between Touch and Stylu

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Larynx,

Thanks for the post a welcome to our forums. I've spoken with the development team regarding similar requests from other users. Stylus and touchscreen integration is an ongoing project being improved with each new build. We will be sure to take your points into consideration.

Thanks for your patience and understanding!
Cheers!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

Post by Corwin - Tracker Sup »

Hi Larynx,

For now we have "Switch to pencil tool with digitizer" option in "Preferences->Commenting".

HTH.
Corwin - Tracker Sup
User

Post by Corwin - Tracker Sup »

Also PDF-XChange Editor supports two finger scroll and zoom just like described here:
https://msdn.microsoft.com/ru-ru/librar ... 85%29.aspx
kaze
User

Post by kaze »

FYI, on a related topic. I just posted a feature enhancement idea in the Pencil Tool thread. It asks if the pencil can have a property that allows for the icon to be switched manually between pencil (like Editor) and cross hairs (like Viewer), or automatically switched based on input (mouse, stylus, touch). Link: https://forum.pdf-xchange.com/ ... 329#p96953
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Please post your questions in the touch screen forum to ensure a relevant member of qualified staff replies - I will move on your behalf on this occasion

thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
dansky cabinetry
User

Post by dansky cabinetry »

**BUMP**

I have enabled 'Switch to pencil tool with digitizer' in preferences. The expected behavior of having the tool change to pencil when using the stylus is not happening.

I am running a surface pro 4 with windows 10. The pen is Ntrig technology.
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello dansky cabinetry,

Thank you for the post. Is this a third party stylus or did it come with your tablet?

Have you got the drivers for your Stylus configured? Are you seeing similar behavior with any other applications that have stylus specific settings?

Thank you!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America