Changing page numbers

Please post any requests or ideas you may have for new features for the end User Version of PDF-Tools here.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, John - Tracker Supp, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Tracker - Clarion Support, moderators, Support Staff

beltech
User

Changing page numbers

Post by beltech »

I have 75 pdf files that I have combined into a single file "Tax Maps". The files are of my towns tax maps and there is a cover sheet, an index, sheets 101 - 126 (representing 1"=100' maps) and sheets 201-246 ( representing 1"=200' maps). Is there a way to have the thumbnails display "COVER", INDEX", 101, 102, 103....201, 202...,246 (rather than 1-75)?

I've tried doing it with the renumbering routine but have been unsuccessful so far. Even being able to use the original file name as the page identifier would work.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Changing page numbers

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi beltech,

Thanks for the post - these are called page labels and, if these are already set within the document, then going to Edit --> Preferences --> Page Display and selecting the option to Use Logical Page Numbers.

If the page labels haven't already been set, then we don't currently have any way to do this, but the option is planned for a future release.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com