OCRTOOLS - OCR_MakeSearchable error -1039334424

PDF-X OCR SDK is a New product from us and intended to compliment our existing PDF and Imaging Tools to provide the Developer with an expanding set of professional tools for Optical Character Recognition tasks

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

xtreme1
User

OCRTOOLS - OCR_MakeSearchable error -1039334424

Post by xtreme1 »

I am using the OCR Tools with C# and the OCR_MakeSearchable method is returning -1039334424 for the hresult on some pdf documents. I am not sure why or what the difference between the successful ocr documents and the failures. :?

I cannot find the details of this error code. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Rob
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: OCRTOOLS - OCR_MakeSearchable error -1039334424

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Rob,

This will need our OCR expert's review, but if the files are not confidential and you can share one of the problematic ones, along with the actual code snippet generating the error message, that would be most helpful!

Best,
Stefan
xtreme1
User

Post by xtreme1 »

No I was reviewing the pdf documents and they all contain sensitive information.

I cannot determine the differences on the successful files and the failures.

Could this be an issue with some of Microsoft patching?

Is there a new live dll that I can try?

We are using: ocrtools.dll 1.0.10.2

When we our application in debug mode we are able to trap the error and skip that file. When we run the compiled exe in release mode we get an access violation.

FYI: We are using the C# Wrappers...

please help...

thanks

Rob
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi Xtreme 1,

Thanks for getting back to us - the Devs. have just confirmed that this is an internal error and will be passed to our OCR expert to fix. Without a PDF file, it will be difficult to reproduce though. Is there another, non-proprietary, PDF that displays this behaviour that you can send us? If not, we'll do our best without.

Cheers,
Will
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Walter-Tracker Supp
User

Post by Walter-Tracker Supp »

Hi,

Please try the latest DLL first - the current version is 1.0.13.

There is a table of error codes in the SDK manual which I do not have at my disposal right now (I'm on a mobile device, away from work for the time being) - maybe this will point you in the right direction? You might also try our DS_ERROR_LOOKUP tool, and microsoft's Visual Studio error lookup utility to see if either of those will diagnose the output for you.

Can you list the filenames you are using? The sporadic nature of this issue (presumably you are using some loop to go over a list of input filenames?) suggests it may be something like this and I'd like to make sure this isn't some unicode filename issue. There was a small problem with some characters in fielnames and directories which was resolved in one of the recent bug fixes, though I don't recall off hand which exact version it was addressed in - getting the latest DLL will at least ensure this isn't the issue.

-Walter
sandarkhine
User

Post by sandarkhine »

Hi,

I am having exception at

PDFXOCR_Funcs.OCR_MakeSearchable(IntPtr pdf, PXO_Options& Options, IntPtr pagelist) and OCRed file generation failed.

This process locked the source file access and I am not able to continue other operations with source file.

How do I unlock the source file?

And may I know the cause of MakeSearchable exception?

I've attached the test file which has this error.

Thanks.
Attachments
PF 10_3.pdf
(89.13 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello sandarkhine,

You have posted in a topic that is more than 2.5 years old. It might have been good to start a new one, but anyway -let's continue here.

First please make sure that you have the latest builds of the ocr dlls, as well as the files, and all should be OK.
Attached is a sample of the result of running the
C:\Program Files\Tracker Software\PDF-XChange PRO 5 SDK\Examples\Bin\OCRtestapp.exe
It completed correctly and without any errors.

Regards,
Stefan
Attachments
test.pdf
(625.19 KiB) Downloaded 303 times