PDF-XChange Editor is GOLD !!!!!!!!

Resource for the support of products published by Tracker Software Products limited - as detailed below.
PDF-XChange - TIFF-XChange - Image-XChange - xMF-XChange - Raster-XChange - Tracker PDF Viewer

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

camillo ferrari
User

Re: PDF-XChange Editor is GOLD !!!!!!!!

Post by camillo ferrari »

Hi guys/gals,

So, I have Tools-4 & Viewer Pro. I just downloaded X-change editor & it took my serial key so I'm assuming that I'm running the "pro" version with all the features. My question is threefold.

1) is this correct, am I running the latest and greatest? I assume so because it's allowing me to do things that you can't do with the "free" version like delete pages and edit headers/footers. But I don't see the "PRO" in the top-right corner of the "About" screen like I can in the X-Change Viewer Pro (you know what I'm talking about?)

2) If I AM running the latest and greatest X-Change Editor Pro, should I just get rid of my Viewer Pro? Are there any features that are in the Viewer Pro but NOT in the Editor Pro? Am I gonna miss anything?

3) and if I should indeed get rid of the Viewer Pro, is there a specific way I should do it so that I don't mess anything in my computer. In other words, my Viewer Pro is linked to open documents in all my browsers, it's the default PDF viewer for everything, etc etc. How do I do it so that it's the smoothest transition?

Thank you in advance for your response.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi camillo ferrari,

Thanks for the post - I'll answer each point in turn:
1) is this correct, am I running the latest and greatest? I assume so because it's allowing me to do things that you can't do with the "free" version like delete pages and edit headers/footers. But I don't see the "PRO" in the top-right corner of the "About" screen like I can in the X-Change Viewer Pro (you know what I'm talking about?)
If you're not experiencing watermarks and have a PDF-Tools license, then you do have the PRO version. We haven't implemented the FREE and PRO version logos on the About screen, in the Editor, but I can add a request for this, if you'd like?
2) If I AM running the latest and greatest X-Change Editor Pro, should I just get rid of my Viewer Pro? Are there any features that are in the Viewer Pro but NOT in the Editor Pro? Am I gonna miss anything?
There are some differences, mainly the Editor does not yet have the ability to restore the last session or default to saving in the last saved folder. It's really up to you, as to whether or not you want to uninstall the Viewer - some 90% of our users could uninstall the Viewer and use the Editor, without any loss in the funcitonality that they require, day-to-day.
3) and if I should indeed get rid of the Viewer Pro, is there a specific way I should do it so that I don't mess anything in my computer. In other words, my Viewer Pro is linked to open documents in all my browsers, it's the default PDF viewer for everything, etc etc. How do I do it so that it's the smoothest transition?
If you do decide to remove the Viewer, the smoothest way to do this, would be just to go to Edit --> Preferences --> File Associations, in the Editor, and set the Editor as default, then uninstall the Viewer from the Windows Control Panel.

HTH!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
camillo ferrari
User

Post by camillo ferrari »

Wow! You guys ARE fast and supportive and awesome!
Thanks Will... it's continued innovation and support like this that makes people stick with your software!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)
fghj
User

Post by fghj »

perhaps answered earlier, but anyway i couldn't find them, so bear with me... :D

1) when will editor gets auto-update feature?

2) where's the changelog?

and pardon me, but since i'm a user of pdf xchange pro...

3) will you have auto-update for "pro" and/or pdf standard or pdf tools?

4) when will you start calling pdf standard "2014"? :D

thx!
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi fghj,

Thanks for the post!

1/3) The Live Update feature is currently in the works and is undergoing a total overhaul. Previously, this feature was only available to the Viewer, but when the new Live Update is released, it will then be available for all products and should have far more options. We are looking at releasing this for build 308, but that's dependant on several things, so at the latest, this should be released for build 309.

2) The Changelog was updated almost immediately upon release and, for the Editor, can be found here:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXE_history.html

4) The name of the Driver will be updated when a new major version of the product is released. I'm afraid that I don't have any information on when that might be for now, as we're still focused primarily on the Development of the Editor and, after that, will be the Editor SDK and the new version of PDF-Tools.

HTH!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
vz33
User

Post by vz33 »

Hello every one, I just down loaded pdfx 5 Pro zip 67mb .

I installed it as trial without key.

It is very slow in opening pdf books , compared to free viewer I had .

I only loads the first page of the book . page changing arrow is greyed out . I find no setting in preferences . I have downloaded the manual zip ,

PDFX5PROMAN\PDFTL4MAN.pdf
PDFX5PROMAN\PDFX5MAN.pdf
PDFX5PROMAN\PDFXVE3MAN.pdf

but even those manuals are not opening beyond title page and are unreadable .

How can I evaluate it . Is there no Trial version of the pdfx5 ?

Thanking you all and looking forward to hearing from some one.

thank you

vz33
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello vz33,

Welcome to our forums.
The Editor should actually be faster than the Viewer in opening PDF files.
Can you please try to download and install the pro bundle from this .exe installer:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/downloads/PDFX5.zip
Please make sure to restart your machine after that so that the installation process could complete correctly.
Then let us know if the speed has improved.

Regards,
Stefan
old.pdf.user
User

Post by old.pdf.user »

PDF-XChange Editor is just great.
I am very glad I bought it ... :D
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin