Bookmarks aren't shown per default

Please post any requests or ideas you may have for new features for the end User Version of PDF-Tools here.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, John - Tracker Supp, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Tracker - Clarion Support, moderators, Support Staff

jojo
User

Bookmarks aren't shown per default

Post by jojo »

I have problems with the German version of PDF tools 3.50098.
I have changed bookmarks of an existing PDF file.
The option -When Document Opend: Page Mode: Show bookmarks- was selected.
When opening the document the bookmarks are shown no longer per default.

In addition: The documentation (PDFTools35.chm and PDF-Tools35.pdf) is not in German but in French.
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Hi,

I suspect your defaults as defined in Acrobat Reader are over riding the settings prescribed by the PDF file itself - we are aware of this and it is a problem with Adobe Reader - not with PDf-Tools.

With regards the 'French' help files - please advise which file (name) you are downloading.

thanks
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
jojo
User

Post by jojo »

Tracker Support wrote:Hi,

I suspect your defaults as defined in Acrobat Reader are over riding the settings prescribed by the PDF file itself - we are aware of this and it is a problem with Adobe Reader - not with PDf-Tools.

With regards the 'French' help files - please advise which file (name) you are downloading.

thanks
I can't really believe that: example:
An old document created with PDF-XChange(xcpro30.dll v3.50.0090): bookmarks are displayed when the user first opens it.

Selecting this document with the new Split/Merge-Tool(xcpro35.dll v3.50.0098) and saving it without any modifying (Page Mode: Show bookmarks): When the user opens this document there are no booksmarks by default.

But creating a new PDF-document with the PDF-XChange Driver and Properties: Setting: General: Page Mode: Show Bookmarks (when document opened):
There are bookmarks by default.

So, I think this different behaviour doesn't depend on Adobe's Viever.

The download file is: PDFX3_gr.zip.

thanks and best regards,
jojo
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Hi Jojo,

thanks for the info - can you please provide a sample of the PDF file ?

Will check out the Gerrman installer here and advise further.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
jojo
User

Post by jojo »

Tracker Support wrote:Hi Jojo,

thanks for the info - can you please provide a sample of the PDF file ?

Will check out the Gerrman installer here and advise further.
Here is an example (Test.zip, 4 Files).
They are described by the filename to show the difference.

Another remark:
Split/Merge Tool:
Option: Include Merged bookmarks in output PDF.
Translation in german: "Füge zur Ausgabe-PDF hinterlegte Wasserzeichen hinzu"
"Wasserzeichen" is not correct. It must be: "Lesezeichen"
Attachments
Test.zip
(5.6 KiB) Downloaded 78 times
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Thanks for the file/explanation - this is with the Project developer for investigation.

With regards the Help file - I see the problem - it is because at this time there is no German Help file for PDF-Tools etc - so the default is left in place for the last generated installer - this will be redressed so it is English if a local Language version is not available.

Finally with regards :
Translation in german: "Füge zur Ausgabe-PDF hinterlegte Wasserzeichen hinzu"
"Wasserzeichen" is not correct. It must be: "Lesezeichen"
You will appreciate we are reliant on 3rd party translators to whom this is contracted and we would not have any means to verify - we will pass this to them for their attention. Thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support