Unlike the results I got when I still used PDF-XChange 4 with MS Office 2007 on Windows XP this time the resulting PDF document's properties neither in PDF-XChange Viewer (version 2.5, build 205.0) nor in Adobe Reader X (version 10.1.4) showed it as having just the subset of the fonts embedded.
Tried to print it from MS Word with PDF-XChange instead (to rule out it is just the settings of the Office AddIn getting ignored), but the result was the same.
The font settings I tried it with were (among other combinations I tried unsucessfully) the default:
Code: Select all
[ ] Embed All Used Fonts [x] Force Embed Protected Fonts [ ] Embed Exstended Font/Charater Info [x] Embed a subset of fonts only, if percentage of characters used is less than: % The fonts I used in the document were listed under "avalable fonts".