OCR live version not working (too few pages in output)

PDF-X OCR SDK is a New product from us and intended to compliment our existing PDF and Imaging Tools to provide the Developer with an expanding set of professional tools for Optical Character Recognition tasks

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

scdawson
User

OCR live version not working (too few pages in output)

Post by scdawson »

Sorry if this is a repost. I had to restart my computer, and wasn't sure if my post actually went through, or if it just hadn't been approved by the moderator.

I have installed the "live" ocrtools.dll and added my key and code to the OCR_Init call, but my result PDFs are still getting truncated to 2 pages. Any ideas?

Shaun
Walter-Tracker Supp
User

Re: OCR live version not working (too few pages in output)

Post by Walter-Tracker Supp »

Hi Shaun,

I can really only think of two possible causes of this problem. The first is that you've inadvertently entered the wrong license code (for example a Viewer SDK key instead of the PDF-XChange PRO SDK key). The second is that you haven't placed the dll in the correct location and are still using the restricted one; for example in your build output directory (where the executable file resides).

Can you verify these two things?

My suspicion is that you're using the restricted DLL inadvertently. The timestamp on the unrestricted DLL is 04/11/2011 1:08PM - the demo DLL has a timestamp of 12:04pm.

-Walter
scdawson
User

Post by scdawson »

Yeah, those were the two that I thought of also :).

I thought I had checked and doublechecked that I had the right codes and .dll, but obviously I did something wrong because when I copied the correct .dll into place again, everything worked fine.

Thanks!

Shaun
Walter-Tracker Supp
User

Post by Walter-Tracker Supp »

scdawson wrote:Yeah, those were the two that I thought of also :).

I thought I had checked and doublechecked that I had the right codes and .dll, but obviously I did something wrong because when I copied the correct .dll into place again, everything worked fine.

Thanks!

Shaun
It happens! Glad you got it resolved.

-Walter