Tracker Updater is confused about 6.0 / 5.5

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Peter2
User

Tracker Updater is confused about 6.0 / 5.5

Post by Peter2 »

On VMWare Workstation 10, under Win 7 x64
-----------------
On a PC where the entire 5.5.3xx package was installed I installed the new package from "PDFXPRO6.exe". Now the updater tells me that he finds "Editor Pro 6.0.317" and that he wants to update "Editor" (with new icon ..) from 5.5.309 to 6.0.317. But I can not find 316 - neither in the startmenu nor in the "Program Files"

EDIT:
I ran the suggested update, and now I have "Editor Pro" and "Editor" on same version number:
Are they really 2 different products?

EDIT 2:
a) Tracker Updater tells me that I have installed both products, but I cannot find the "Pro" version. If I start the "Editor" and use the "Forms" command, it tells me that it is a demo version and I have to update to "Pro".

b) I have the licence for the "Pro package" and the printer V6 accepts it, but the "printer lite" (which is now installed parallel to the "Pro") accepts no licence and runs under "Demo"
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Tracker Updater is confused about 6.0 / 5.5

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

If it can already help, there is only "one" PDF-XChange Editor, but depending of the license key (no license, a standard license, a plus license), you get less or more features that are working without putting 'pdf-xchange publicity stamps' on the pages.

I suppose that the icon, indicating "PDF Editor Pro", is in fact the icon that should represent the bundle package "PDF-XChange Pro" (with PDF-XChange Editor, PDF-XChange Printer V6, MS-Office add-ins, PDF-Tools V6, ...).

See the last icon in the download page:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/downloads

I think it is not always clear to end-users what every product name is exactly representing.

*** Probably Tracker Software is already aware of a problem with the name indications ? ***
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi guys,

First note - if you have a license for XChange Pro, it will not work with XChange Lite. Pro is a bundle of XChange Standard, PDF-Tools and the Editor.

Regarding the forms editing - please email support@pdf-xchange.com. This is a licensing issue and cannot be dealt with on the forums.
On a PC where the entire 5.5.3xx package was installed I installed the new package from "PDFXPRO6.exe". Now the updater tells me that he finds "Editor Pro 6.0.317" and that he wants to update "Editor" (with new icon ..) from 5.5.309 to 6.0.317. But I can not find 316 - neither in the startmenu nor in the "Program Files"
That's odd, we'll investigate further here.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
Peter2
User

Post by Peter2 »

Will - Tracker Supp wrote:...Regarding the forms editing - please email support@pdf-xchange.com. This is a licensing issue and cannot be dealt with on the forums....
The menu for forms is the only one of all menus where the "Pro Icon" is displayed, but the licence tells me that it is a Pro-licence.
But I will contact you later, at the moment the Editor is not my first priority.

Peter
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

No worries Peter, when you're ready :)
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com