Sugg: "Collapse all" in Properties - Fonts

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Peter2
User

Sugg: "Collapse all" in Properties - Fonts

Post by Peter2 »

"Document Properties - Fonts" shows a list of all used Fonts; the entries can be expanded and collapsed. I just had a PDF where 96 Fonts where listed - subsets of some embedded fonts ..

Suggestion:
Add two buttons (or a toggle button) to "collapse / expand all fonts". It is rather crazy to collapse 90 fonts with 90 clicks ... :(

Peter
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Sugg: "Collapse all" in Properties - Fonts

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the suggestion - I will pass it along for consideration. It can indeed be a bit of a click fest if you need to collapse all those, but they should be arranged in Alphabetical order, so if you are looking for a particular font and you know the name - using the slider on the right should help you find it quicker than closing all the fonts before the one you need.
That same dialogue in competing products does not have any options, so I am not sure if our devs will approve the request to add an expand/collapse all in the Editor, particularly given that there is nothing you can do from that screen other than see the fonts themselves.

Regards,
Stefan
Peter2
User

Post by Peter2 »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:...that there is nothing you can do from that screen other than see the fonts themselves....
Until you add the feature "Write font list to file" :D
Could be interesting for high-quality printer shops, who have to check the fonts of the delivered files and of their modified files (This is why I see this topic - today I got a file back, modified by printers shop - the result was not funny ...)
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Peter,

I see your point, however I can't make any promises (other than that I will bring it up for discussion).

Regards,
Stefan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hi Peter,

Good news - just got a confirmation that we will implement such an expand all/compact all option for that dialogue.
It will not be a button, but instead if you hold down the Ctrl key while clicking on the triangle for a single font to expand/collapse it - it will do it for all.

Regards,
Stefan
Peter2
User

Post by Peter2 »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:Hi Peter,

Good news - ...
And quick news too - only 1:30 h from suggestion to confirmation :D
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

:D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com