Crimsonlogic - OCR Errors

PDF-X OCR SDK is a New product from us and intended to compliment our existing PDF and Imaging Tools to provide the Developer with an expanding set of professional tools for Optical Character Recognition tasks

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

crimsonlogic
User

Crimsonlogic - OCR Errors

Post by crimsonlogic »

To perform and use the OCR features in PDF Xchange,
a) First Need to convert the Images, doc, etc to PDF format right?
This is using the Took SDK, right?

i) In the mail below, as informed the Tool SDK is end of live, thus recommended to use CORE API with the long new license key.
Can you provide use the sample code to do this?? We need it in C++.
(there is no proper place in Tracker website or files to refer to understand how to use or get the commands)

ii) Am I correct that this conversion uses the printer driver “PDF XCHANGE printer 2012”
We have an issue where the conversion prints to the printer.
The default printer is not defined as “PDF XCHANGE printer 2012”, it is set as other physical printer.

Please advise is there any setting or codes that will not cause this to happen during conversion?

b) After the conversion to PDF, then we can use the OCR SDK to OCR the PDF file right?
Understand from the web, OCR SDK is found in the PRO SDK we bought.

i) Am I correct that we have to use the OLD LICENSE KEY for the OCR SDK?’
This is very confusing as please advise can only use one license key??

ii) There is an issue where the OCR cannot perform and always throws
ERROR RUNNING SEARCHABLE. ERROR CODE – 2113263855

iii) It cannot OCR for converted files of more than 17 pages
iv) It cannot OCR for converted files with comments

Please advise is there any setting or codes which can help resolve the OCR issues?
(Attached the testing docs and the converted copy for your testing)

Is there any easier way and one step to perform convert to PDF and then OCR together?

Thanks
Attachments
test 18 pages and image.pdf
18 pages without comments
(110.39 KiB) Downloaded 315 times
test 17 pages and image-comment.pdf
17 pages with comments
(109.91 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
test 12 pages and image.pdf
12 pages with no comments
(54.06 KiB) Downloaded 304 times
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Re: Crimsonlogic - OCR Errors

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello crimsonlogic,

1) As for the sample on the Core API - please provide a short but detailed description of what needs to be done and we'll try to write you a sample.

2) If you are printing with PDF X-CHANGE printer 2012 then I don't see why do you need to go through the OCR process - the printer itself will already extract the text so you can select it and work with it (as I can see it in your files).

3) As a temporary fix-up you can OCR the document by parts (for example 15 pages at a time) and then merge them to one document.

4) The error code means OCR_ERR_INVALID_DICT_PATH meaning that you gave wrong path to the dictionary folder.
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Also - please be aware a license for both PDF-Tools and the Core API SDK DO NOT entitle you to use the OCR SDK - the OCR SDK requires a license to either The PDF-XChange full PRO SDK or the PDF-XChange SDK.

PDF-Tools SDK and its successor the CORE API SDK have never included the OCR SDK.

If you do have a full PRO SDK license - please email support@pdf-xchange.com as licensing issues cannot easily be answered here as serial keys should not be published in the open forums.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com
crimsonlogic
User

Post by crimsonlogic »

Hi John,

We consolidate the issues under subject : OCR of pdf and pictures
John - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by John - Tracker Supp »

Thank you.
If posting files to this forum - you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded - thank you.

Best regards
Tracker Support
http://www.tracker-software.com