Where should I use the new style license key?

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

omascia
User

Where should I use the new style license key?

Post by omascia »

PDF XChange PRO SDK here. I have got a new style license key recently. The binaries seem to be more or less unchanged (essentially V4). Do I continue using my previous (shorter) key string(s) or where should I (which API) use the newer (longer) key string? The documentation itself has not changed (dated 2012 for the most of it).
Please clarify. :)
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Where should I use the new style license key?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello omascia,

You should just replace the Key value in your source, and the DevCode could be any string (it is no longer needed), however I am not sure if older versions of the SDK will recognize the new style serial, so if it is not - just continue using your old key with the old builds, and when you move to the new ones - utilize the new serial string you got.

Regards,
Stefan
omascia
User

Post by omascia »

Ok I'll try. I already had a 5.5 build (whose most DLLs are v4) and it worked with older style keys. I just happened to see today there was a newer build available (check every *some* months) and that it had a newer style license string attached to it. I haven't yet tried it, but it looked the API and the docs had not changed. Hence my question.

So... I'lll try the new string, passing "unused" for devcode. If that doesn't work, I'll pass immediately previous codes. And if that doesn't work either (which I doubt) I'll come back here. ;)
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Please keep us posted if any further help is needed omascia ;)

Cheers,
Stefan