can't copy something in the Edit Content Tool

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

AndyK
User

can't copy something in the Edit Content Tool

Post by AndyK »

Hi,

I can't copy in the Edit Content Tool

scrivania_1.pdf
(7.47 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
What do I wrong?

Andy
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: can't copy something in the Edit Content Tool

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Andy,

You are not doing anything wrong - just base content copying is not yet possible. You can for the moment just move base content objects on the same page (but not between pages). We are working on cut/copy of base content - but it is not yet ready.

Regards,
Stefan
laziffer
User

Post by laziffer »

I had the same problem and after reading these posts here I hope the feature to move content between sides is comming soon. I often scan little pieces of text and like to print them together in a new order on one page.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi laziffer,

Thanks for the post - I'm working from the UK at the moment, so I don't have direct confirmation, but if I remember right, this will either be implemented for the next release or the release after.

However, as I said, I don't currently have confirmation so my memory could be wildly wrong. I'll see if I can get some further info. for you in the Western-Canadian morning.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
fghj
User

Post by fghj »

Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:...base content copying is not yet possible. You can for the moment just move base content objects on the same page (but not between pages). We are working on cut/copy of base content - but it is not yet ready.
:shock: Oh dear sorry to be a little harsh on this but this is really a poor!
Copy & Paste is a really essential functionality for a PDF EDITOR how can you have missed implementing that on pdf content?
When testing pdf XChange Editor I had a good impression but this 'bug/lack of functionality' really renders it to be useless or well just to be another PDF-Viewer with some editing abilities.

Also from the developers view point I can't see what is the problem in implementing this. Copy data from the on place and paste it somewhere else. But anyway you should at least put a tooltip or (not implemented yet) at the not working 'Copy' / 'Cut' in the context menu. To make that issue at least more honest and transparent.
But like it is right now it feels like a kick in ya butt. Am I stupid or why that 'Copy'/'Cut' is greyed/disabled and not working? :twisted:
Last edited by fghj on Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello fghj,

I can understand the frustration, but copying base content objects is quite more complicated than copying comments and annotations (Mainly because of the way the two types of objects are stored in the structure of the file), and we need some more time to make this work properly.
Rest assured we are working on this and will make it available as soon as possible!

Regards,
Stefan
fghj
User

Post by fghj »

@Stefan
Wow thanks at least for your almost immediately reply. :D
At least some light at the end of the tunnel that cheered me up.

**admin: removed that part of your message as it is advertisement**
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello fghj,

I am trying to help as much as I can.

Regards,
Stefan