Add "payPal" features to PDF?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Peter2
User

Add "payPal" features to PDF?

Post by Peter2 »

You know the "Buy now - button" on many websites, created by/for PayPal - a HTML-code with "input", "form", "img" .....

Is there a way to create something like this with PDF Editor? A stamp which runs like an image with hyperlinks? Or something else?

Thanks

Peter
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Peter2
User

Re: Add "payPal" features to PDF?

Post by Peter2 »

Hmmmmh - semi solved :(

Mr.Murphy said to me: "Try it in a PDF, made by a scanner."

And Mr. Murphy was right (of course) - in scanned PDF the function for Links is deactivated....
Why?

I tried it in another PDF where I could define an area behind a stamp with a (Hyper)Link. So here is the next question: Is it possible to define stamp with already integrated links?
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Add "payPal" features to PDF?

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello Peter.

Thank you for the post.
Is it possible to define stamp with already integrated links?
Unfortunately, because of the way the PDF format works, it is actually not possible to have stamp annotations embedded with links. Doing so would violate the ISO for standardization which defines the rules of PDF.

I do apologize, that we could not be of more help!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America