Viewing 3D-PDF possible?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

RA1981
User

Viewing 3D-PDF possible?

Post by RA1981 »

Hi,

not sure if this is the right sub-forum for my question, so please move this topic if not.

I'm thinking about buying PDF-XChange PRO tool suite. Currently I'm using only XChange Editor, but I like the tool. Now, one thing which keeps me from buying is that it seems that 3D-PDFs are not supported. Is this true? If yes, will this be available in the (near) future? Or does one of the other tools provide 3D-PDF capability (in this case I'd be fine when purchasing XChange PRO) ?

Regards,

Ralf
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Viewing 3D-PDF possible?

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hello,

Thanks for the post and consideration. The Editor is the Same in the PRO bundle as in the stand alone Editor. Even in evaluation mode, all the features are available with the "Buy now!" watermarks you have undoubtedly come across while evaluating.

Some 3D PDF will open in the Editor, but we do not currently support viewing of 3D PDF.

The feature is coming, though I am afraid that the Dev. team do not have a solid timeline for this feature's release as of yet.

I hope this helps you come to an informed decision!
Cheers!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America
RA1981
User

Post by RA1981 »

Hi Patrick,

then I'll have to wait until this feature is implemented, because I need a toolset capable of 3D-PDF.
Thank you for clarification. May it's possible to ask the devteam directly if and when they'll implement it.

Regards,

Ralf
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Ralf,

We have already asked them - and if there was any more precise information - we would have provided it.

Regards,
Stefan
RA1981
User

Post by RA1981 »

Hi Stefan,

okay, thank you for the information. Is there any information topic in the forum to see what's announced for the next release(s)?

Regards,

Ralf
Patrick-Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Patrick-Tracker Supp »

Hi Ralf,

Thank you for the post. We do not have anything like that available to the public. We are made aware of some features coming, but sometimes they are a surprise to everyone other than the dev. team until that build reaches the testing faze. We have a build history where you can see many of the changes between current and old builds: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/PDFXE_history.html

Some things that should be coming for the next build, and/or the one after include:

PDF-Tools Rebuild
Minor bug fixes
Stability and speed enhancements
and a few more new and improved features; a few of which are HIGHLY anticipated by our clients. I am unfortunately not at liberty to discuss our plans further than that. I regret to inform you that 3D PDF compatibility is still some time away.

I hope this helps!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Patrick Charest
Tracker Support North America