How to "really" crop a PDF page

This Forum is for the use of Software Developers requiring help and assistance for Tracker Software's PDF-Tools SDK of Library DLL functions(only) - Please use the PDF-XChange Drivers API SDK Forum for assistance with all PDF Print Driver related topics or PDF-XChange Viewer SDK if appropriate.

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Max SAG
User

How to "really" crop a PDF page

Post by Max SAG »

Hi,

I'm using the PDF-Tools SDK v4 (DLL version is 4.0.311.0) in a WPF project (C#, XAML, .net 4.0).

I was wondering if there was a way to "really" crop a PDF file.
I'm aware of the PXCp_PageSetBox method of xcpro40.dll. It works great but it only changes the crop box of the PDF page.
The "drawback" of this method is that your cropped PDF file has the same size on the disk that the original one.

I'm looking for a way to really cut the PDF data to get a lighter PDF file (it would be non-reversible).

Do you know if it's possible using your SDK?

I hope I've been clear enough,

Thanks
Ivan - Tracker Software
Site Admin

Re: How to "really" crop a PDF page

Post by Ivan - Tracker Software »

The only SDK that currently support setting crop box with redaction (removing everything outside that cropbox) is the Editor SDK.
Tracker Software (Project Director)

When attaching files to any message - please ensure they are archived and posted as a .ZIP, .RAR or .7z format - or they will not be posted - thanks.
Max SAG
User

Post by Max SAG »

Ok, thanks for the quick answer!
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

:D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com