PDF-Xchange Printer 2012 resolution

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

8fjrode3
User

PDF-Xchange Printer 2012 resolution

Post by 8fjrode3 »

When I print a pdf document with PDF-Xchange Printer 2012 the resolution is degraded, sometimes substantially. The document I'm currently printing is only text and was created digitally. any suggestions on how to improve the resolution when I print? Thanks
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: PDF-Xchange Printer 2012 resolution

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi 8fjrode3,

Thanks for the post - if you're seeing a degradation in the quality of text, then it would suggest that it isn't actually text, but likely curves or an image. I would suggest making sure that no downsampling is set in the preferences of the driver. This option can be found under Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and Printers --> Right click XChange Printer --> Preferences --> Graphics. You may also want to set the graphic resolution, under the Paper category of the preferences, to something higher.

HTH!
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com